Unable to join my local home sharing club

Jens29
Level 2
San Rafael, CA

Unable to join my local home sharing club

Hello everyone!

I am a new Airbnb host and would love to join a local home sharing club. I published my listing a few days ago, found a local home sharing club, but am unable to join it. A pop-up appears (see image) notifying me that I am not a host and promps me to begin setting up my host profile again. What am I doing wrong? I double checked to make sure that my listing is active and that I am logged in to Airbnb when I click on the club.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Jens

Airbnb Issue - Screenshot.png

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Jens29,

It looks like a classic "no one in Airbnb though this situation through" window.

The message says one thing but the buttons given to supposedly resolve the situation are completely the wrong ones.

I think that the message may be correct as, looking at your profile, there are no guest reviews.

Has a guest stayed with you yet?

It looks like this is a requirement for joing the club.

Steve.

Brandon44
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi Jens,

I'm in the same situation. I have reached out to Airbnb 2X by phone and once via their website about this. Did you find a solution? My girlfriend and I host in our home, and I have experienced the exact same problem. I'm thinking that if, as Steve says below, a review is required, I should just make a duplicate listing, request Airbnb's free professional photograpy (because a new round of photos for our home couldn't hurt), and then just take a single booking there. Maybe I'll just have my girlfriend book it 🙂 Perhaps you could have a friend book your place at the lowest possible rate to see if that works. If I try that, I'll let you know if it works. Hopefully Airbnb comes up with a solution for this in the meantime.

Cheers,

Brandon