Super host

Carla-And-Mark0
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

Super host

In August we had a guest that did significant damage. Airbnb cancelled his last day for us (put him in a hotel at Airbnb's expense). They also cancelled our next guest for us so that we would have time to remedy everything. At the time, they assured us it wouldn't affect our Super Host status. The new reviews came out and we lost our status due to this cancellation. I have not had luck with anyone from Airbnb assisting in getting this changed. Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

What did ABB say?

David
Sharon64
Level 10
Tampa, FL

I would definitely call them. I did not see my superhost when the new review came in but I clearly qualified. I called and they said there was some type of glich in the system and they had it remedied the next day. Worth a shot for you to call.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Carla-And-Mark0  Hi guys, this is a 'below the belt' cancellation option that Airbnb are using at the moment which we are hoping to have them revisit and revise so as not to catch unsuspecting hosts out!

Airbnb sent you an innocent looking email that said........

Nov 21 - Nov 25 · Comfortable beachside**********************************

"You have 48 hours to respond

To make sure that John has time to find a new listing, the reservation will be cancelled on your behalf if we don’t hear back" 

That is what you got, isn't it Carla and Mark? What happens next is, you think Airbnb have been the good guys here and sorted it all out for both the guest and the host!  But in reality Airbnb have told the guest that the only way they can have their money returned is to get the host to cancel the reservation, hence the reason you have received this message! The crux of this email is the sentence "the reservation will be cancelled on your behalf if we don’t hear back" You think it is all sweet and don't have to do anything but, as far as Airbnb is concerned YOU have now accepted responsibility for the cancelling of this booking, the guest has got their money back and you are the one that will be penalised!

When you receive this message you will be faced with the options of Accept or Decline or another box which will say, you wish to proceed with this hosting (or similar). This is the box you must check.....after all you were prepared to host the guest and this will instruct Airbnb to inform the guest that they must cancel on their end if the booking does not suit. Be quite firm that you will not under any circumstance accept responsibility for the cancelling of this booking! You must read the rules regarding 'cancellations' before you take action that can hurt you Carla and Mark.....All the best, I hope you can sort it out..... cheers.....Rob