Special Offer

Answered!
Caz1
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Special Offer

Hi - would love a clear explanation of the special offer pricing as it makes no sense to me at the moment 😞

When I enter my 'special offer' for the guest (i.e. the subtotal that includes any cleaning or extra guest fees) it calculates that I will earn more than my guest will pay (i.e. their price per night is lower than the one I based the special offer on) - how is this possible??!

e.g. my listing price was $300/night, a guest has made an enquiry for 18 nights. I want to do a 'special offer' of $240/night for the 18 nights so it calculates

$240 AUD x 18 nights$4320 AUD
Service fee -$130 AUD
You will earn $4190 AUD

But at the same time it outlines that my guest will pay the following:

$187 x 18 nights $3362
Service fee $212
Your guest will pay $3574

Where did the $187/night come from and who pays me the difference if it's not the guest?!!

I haven't offered any weekly discounts in my listing but I have offered a 25% discount per month but as the request is only for 18 nights I assumed that this 25% discount doesn't kick in...am I right or is this what is causing the dicounted nightly rate for my guest? Even so, this still doesn't explain why the special offer tab states that I will receive a $$ amount higher than the amount the guest will pay??!

I don't want to send them the special offer until I'm 100% clear on what exactly I will be receiving but at the moment I'm just left feeling completely confused!

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to easily explain what's going on! 🙂

Cheers!

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Caz1 Is your guest from the US?   Do you?  Quick look at the conversion chart shows $1 US equals $1.33 AUD.  Does that explain the difference?

View Best Answer in original post

66 Replies 66
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Caz1 Is your guest from the US?   Do you?  Quick look at the conversion chart shows $1 US equals $1.33 AUD.  Does that explain the difference?

Joseph77
Level 2
New York, NY

airbnb **bleep**.. been on hold for 2 **bleep**ing hours

Paula160
Level 1
Diani Beach, Kenya

How do I advertised Special Offer to encourage bookings between specified dates?

Jo139
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

This is a problem I can't find the answer to. I want to offer 3 nights for 2 during winter months, but can't find how to do it. Any ideas anyone?

I don't see a place either but you could put it where you 'edit' your listing. The first line that says "Title" you could put it there to grab a travelers attention because that is what shows up on the main page when pulling up a listing on the site.

Alila0
Level 2
McGregor, South Africa

Yes, I also want to do this! It doesn't seem possible!

Katcha0
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

Any answers anyone?  Any work arounds?

I too am having a discepency between what I am trying to offer as a Special price to a known customer and the rate that are required to pay. The price to them will not change and so I am left with no alternative but to leave the site as there is no-one I can talk to to remedy this problem.

Air Bnb rather unsatisfying

Has anyone gotten an answer on this special offer issue? I am facing the same thing.. I would love an answer ! It makes no sense at all that suddently there are two service fees (one is HUGE) so that the guest will then have to pay hundreds of dollars more for me to make less...

Hi. Your message is old but i did not find an answer for your question, same as mine. The special offer fee is higher for less days of rental and it s unfair for my guest, which is not very nice...commercially speaking.

Were you able to solve this problem or it was just some system error and your guest did not have to pay as high?

Tks if you are still on line to give me this help.

Regards, Marcio

Judita1
Level 1
Vilnius, Lithuania

How could I make a special offer after the guest requested a booking. I offered the discount inthe message, and after he requested the booking, there is no possibility to lower the price, i.e. no special offer button. 

I'm having the exact same issue.... nowhere to find help. Very frustrating. Did you ever figure it out? I can't even find a phone number to ask Airbnb.

I'm having the same problem! How frustrating! 

It's suppose to show up under the box on the left of the page where you see the total & service fees charged. It's suppose to say "Special Offer" & you click on that to make changes. My Special offer showed up after I accepted the original price listed. It's TOO LATE THEN!!!!