Search for my property.

Pamela147
Level 1
Londonderry, United Kingdom

Search for my property.

Hi,

I was wondering how i can bring my property to the front of the listing when a search is done?  I feel that i could be missing out on bookings because it follows lots of other properties for that area.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks 

Pamela

7 Replies 7
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

Dear Pamela i would adivise you to update your listing everyday. This will keep your listing in a good position where people will easily notice it. I personally do this everyday at midnight by changing a setting for example the check in time and then set it back to the time that suit you. I can guarantee you that this works for real. Try it and let me know. Hope this will help you be on the first pages.

Hi! I would like anybody to share to me their experiences on a particular issue. I have been receiving reservation regularly since January. For the last 2 weeks there has not been any inquiry or reservation. How can I change this situation? Thanks for your advice

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Pamela, If you want more visibility use Instant Book.

You will become more visible when guests use that filter and your map bubble will be given precedence over neighboring competitors.

I also believe Airbnb will "like" you more (but I don't know their mysterious algorthim)

You have a lovely place, but I would remove the repitition of your listing in your "Wish List"

The "wish list" is a nice way for guests to get to know who you are and saying your wish list 4 times over seems  a little disingenuous.

Good luck

If you really want more viewings, eliminate your minimum stay.

Olga6
Level 5
London, GB

Airbnb is favouring instant booking listings at the moment.

I just helped a friend open an account and it is clearly stated that if you are not on Instant Booking your property will not be highlighted in search. We, of course skipped that as my friend is listing her own home in London.

Sadly, instant booking preference is in direct contradiction of original ethos of Airbnb: people offering their own homes or rooms in their homes to be shared and so on. Those hosts are unlikely to recieve guests without looking at their profile and reviews. I am one of them.

However if you are not bothered and have a property that is used solely for this purpose you may as well alow instant booking and when you are at it list your property on Booking.com.  That will definitely increase your number of bookings.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

hello @Pamela147,  you got lovely reviews, congrats!
when I typed in Derrybeg into the search box, your house was the first one on page 1 - so maybe do a search without  being logged in, perhaps that makes a difference, and you'll see that you are right at the beginning? 
Aside from that, I concur with @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 who said to update your listing frequently. I just updated mine with new pictures today and I moved from page 2 to the top on page 1 for my area.Not sure that IB will actually make a difference in the viewing or booking. I am experimenting with IB, and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Several of your guests have mentioned modern updates, but just looking at your pictures, things seem more old fashioned and a bit dark to me. So I am wondering if perhaps you have updated, but not taken new pictures?  If not, how about some fine tuning, like adding some color, adding some pictures on the walls,  bright pillows and curtains for the living area, colorful bedspread in the master bedroom, perhaps larger lights so one can read in bed, bath mats and colorful towels in the bathroom, etc.. little things that wouldn't cost that much but would really make the place cozy and shine - and be "better" than what your competition has to offer. In any case, I would definitely improve the pictures you have, that could make a big difference.
I believe Airbnb guests do look through losts of listings before they decide where to stay, so ultimately it comes down to the place itself, not so much where in the listing it shows up. Add some pics of the view! Perhaps be a bit more detailed in your description. But also, this time of the year is not the season for Donegal, right? Soo be patient, and it all will work out fine. Good luck and happy hosting!
Annette

Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

Some very common tips for a better place in search results:

- Change the prices on some dates of your calendar every single day! (just a dollar) Even, Airbnb support team has suggested me so.

- Change some words of your description text every single day!

- Select a very attractive first photo, so that more guests open your listing.

- Set lower prices for some period and then you can raise them again

- Ask some friends or relative to save your listing, maybe to make you a request and pre-approve them, or even to make an 1 day's booking at your place. It moves the listing!

- Make search through Incognito Window in your area and when you find your listing, click on it. 

In this thread, you will find how to Contact Airbnb!

If you want to see my listings, here they are:

Diamond Home 1

Diamond Home 2

Diamond Penthouse