Problems getting published

Aileen14
Level 2
Bergen, Norway

Problems getting published

I've just completed my listing and have tried to implement the "Publish" button 7 or 8 times. I get a message that " perhaps the internet is down" which it is not. The information in Step 2 keeps disappearing, no matter how often I fill it in and save and thus says that my listing is only 86 % complete.

Seems like a technical issue. Can you revert with advice, Airbnb contact?

7 Replies 7
Robin147
Level 2
Saen Suk, Thailand

I have the same problem. I wrote and got an e-mail that referred me to this forum, where I can find nothing to help! Please post the fix when you get it!

Andrew283
Level 1
Raglan, New Zealand

I have the same problem trying to list two new properties very frustrating. Any help appreciated

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Andrew283,

I have replied to @Aileen14 and @Robin147 about this on other threads but these are my recommendations:

1)  Try a different internet browser to see if that works - the Airbnb website is only compatible with Google Chrome and Firefox, it is not compatible with Internet Explorer and Safari.

2)  Clear your cookies and cache in your browser, as this can also cause issues (search in google how to do so for your browser)

Please let us know if either of these tips work! 

Thanks 

Kirstie

@Kirstie @Aileen14 

I find this and it seem that is working with this workouround 

other post

FIXED! After cursing AirBNB after attempts on Chrome, Fireforx, IE and Edge all failed, I just downloaded the AirBNB Mobile App. It showed me that I had not set a check-out time. I set this, along with the other fields the website had been prompting me to re-do each time (Property Description and Title) and it then let me Publish it live.

Anyone reading this may want to check that their check-out time is set and saved since my suspicion is that this field is not validated when AirBNB gives you the green ticks showing you're ready to publish. 

Either way, using the mobile app to complete my listing has worked. Tuki Vineyard Cottage is finally online with AirBNB!

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Max7 for posting that advice and for the link to the other thread! It's useful for me to see how many people are experiencing this issue and collect feedback about this issue so that I can pass it on. 

It seems that for the moment the best option is to use the app to publish your listing. 

Kirstie

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Aileen14@Andrew283 and @Max7,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue preventing you from publishing your listing. I am very pleased to update you that this has now been resolved. 🙂

If you haven’t already published your listing, the quickest way to proceed with this is to take the following steps:

1. Close your browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) and open a new browser session. Visit airbnb.com and login to your account
  2. Visit ‘Your Listings’ tab under your Host Dashboard
  3. Click the Red ‘Finish Listing’ button
  4. Click on Step 2: “Continue" and fill out any remaining information (note: You may have to re-enter your description, title, or photos)
  5. Click 'Publish Listing'!

We are really sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

Please do let me know how you get on and if you have any additional questions on this.

Thanks,

Kirstie

Michelle375
Level 1
Cambridge, New Zealand

I am having the exact same problem, how do we contact air bnb for them to fix?