Problem with a host

Bruno172
Level 1
Montevideo, Uruguay

Problem with a host

I've made a reservation 1 mont before my trip and had a talk with the owner before the reservation asking a few stuff i couldnt find in the announcement (i asked if he had AC and if i could do a late checkout), for wich he answered that he had AC and that he had no problem with me leaving the appartment late, so i did the reservation.

2 days before my trip (almost a month after i did the reservation), he wrote me that i needed to leave the appartment in the morning, so i asked him to please cancel my reservation because he was not satisfying my needs (which he alse agreed), but he refused to do it.

Now i needed to pay 3 times the price i payed for the appartment and i would like to get some refund from his side since its his fault that i needed to pay that difference, and the worst part is that it was 2 days before the day of the trip so i had very few options.

How should i proceed with this problem?

Im from Uruguay and i was looking for an airbnb contact so i could solve this but i couldnt find anything.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

If you cancel your reservation, you will be entitled to any refund under the host's refund policy.  You will NOT be able to collect more just because other accommodations are now more expensive.

Learn how to cancel your reservation here:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/169/how-do-i-cancel-my-reservation

Learn how to Contact Airbnb here:  https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highl...

THanks for the response.

I know i should not get a refund if i canceled the reservation, but this was not because of my fault, the host wrote me by airbnb message saying he was not going to fulfill what we agreed on the reservation and that he was not going to cancel, so i needed to do it my self in order to make another reservation, i could not afford both at the same time.

So there is nothing i can do? Thats bad, i thought that Airbnb had some policy about hosts doing this kind of stuff.. 

You can contact Airbnb using one of the methods above and see if there's anything they can do as a courtesy.