Pricing

Answered!
Nicole-Steve0
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Pricing

I have smart pricing on I have set my base price at $190 and Weekend price at $250.  I do not understand how a reservation has come through priced at $180 per night? How has this occurred

1 Best Answer

There is a "fixed" or "base" price which is the price that will show in the search results and the price your listing will be rented at when the listing is beyond the 4-month "Smart Pricing" limit.  Smart Pricing works for 4 months from today’s date. Beyond 4 months from now, guests will see your base price or the custom prices you’ve set. 

If you have your "Minimum Price" set lower than your "fixed" or "based" price, the Smart Pricing can, based on the algorythm can reduce the price.  Make sure your "Minimum" is set no lower than your "fixed" if you do not want it to fall below that.  

So, for example, our "base" price is $50 but our Minimum is $43.  

Also, double check that the room was not rented at your minimum and the price you are seeing is that minimum MINUS fees and taxes (if applicable).  

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20

I keep having the same problem as you. Can you actually contact airbnb for any of these issues? I tried email, messages and no response.

Yes there is a help guide.  Search for "contact Airbnb" in this Community Center.  

However, there is a wealth of information in the "Help Centre" to assist you.  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1168/smart-pricing--set-prices-based-on-demand

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1344/how-do-custom-price-settings-affect-my-payout-amount

There is a "fixed" or "base" price which is the price that will show in the search results and the price your listing will be rented at when the listing is beyond the 4-month "Smart Pricing" limit.  Smart Pricing works for 4 months from today’s date. Beyond 4 months from now, guests will see your base price or the custom prices you’ve set. 

If you have your "Minimum Price" set lower than your "fixed" or "based" price, the Smart Pricing can, based on the algorythm can reduce the price.  Make sure your "Minimum" is set no lower than your "fixed" if you do not want it to fall below that.  

So, for example, our "base" price is $50 but our Minimum is $43.  

Also, double check that the room was not rented at your minimum and the price you are seeing is that minimum MINUS fees and taxes (if applicable).  

the price that we are getting is lower than that on the calander why

James246
Level 1
Mountshannon, Ireland

I want to adjust my base price based on the number of guests.I can accomodate 3 people in 1 room 1 double bed and 1 single bed.My base price is set for the room irrespective of the number of guests.I want my base price to reflect for 2 guests and I want to add an additional fee foer 3rd guest.Should I set my base price higher and offer a reduction for 2 guests or add an additional fee  if there are more than 2 guests.

Hello. I am a new host. I am renting 3 bedrooms only in the upstairs area my home. Am I supposed to enter a price per room (this is what I'd like to do) or do I enter one flat rate price for all 3? I'm kind of confused about that part because guests have the option of only renting one room at a time, if that's all they need. Can someone assist? I need to unblock my dates before the end of this week. PLEASE HELP ME?

Ronise0
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Where do you access your base price when smart pricing is turned on? All I can see is minimum and I have had a booking come thorugh well below my minimum??

I'm having same problem. You can only see base price when smart pricing is turned off.

Kath3
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

why is my base price not reflecting correctly in my calendar?

I am having the same problem.

Looking for answers.

Ronise0
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

I think I've since found out that its meant to work like this - you start off normal pricing option, set your base price. Then you choose smart pricing and set a minimum/maximum - so long as your minimum isn't below your base price, it will never drop below that. I think the base price sets an average. This is just my understanding - I still don't get why you can't see it when smart pricing is turned on?

Kath3
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

I discovered that I have to turn on the smart pricing switch and enter my figures and that is when it will reflect properly in my post. Otherwise it is showing the incorrect price.

Jan171
Level 1
Gold Coast, Australia

I have a two night weekend rate of $1100. Can I have a two night minimum charge regardless of when the booking is as the weekly two night charge is about half this price. It is not really worth my time to take a two night mid week reservation as I don’t make any money from the booking when I take in all the expenses. I would like to know if this is possible to set up and if so how to do it.

I look forward to some advice.
Jan

Olivia69
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

My base price is 82.00 a night but the listing says 384! no wonder no-one is booking.  How do I contact Airbnb about this?  Or change it?  Thank you, Olivia