Photos

Beth110
Level 2
Brigantine, NJ

Photos

my landlord, the primary host, I am co-host) posted a nice picture I want to use for same property, different listing (with his permission) . he no longer has original shot on his camera. I have tried everything I can think of to copy/paste the photo to the new listing without any luck. any ideas?  thanks

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Right-clicking and saving does not work, I see - must be a built-in deterrent to wicked scammers (yay!) - and you will lose resolution with a screenshot, @Beth110. I would say take a new photo from the same angle. 

Not what you want, but it will save frustration.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Beth110 have you seen that funny little key on your desktop (top raw) it says "Prt Scrn" as in Print Screen. 

That will take a picture of whatever is on your screen. 

All you have to do afterwards is :

1) open Gimp (cool software like photoshop which is free and safe  to download from http://www.gimp.org/

2) paste

3) export as .JPG file. 

You can also have fun and make your cover picture better by adding a special information and a bit of color as I have explained here : https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/My-Number-One-Tip-that-will-Help-you-get-More-Bookings/m-p/354...

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

To avoid losing pic resolution with Print Screen you can also : 

- right click on the page that contains the pic. 

- inspect  the element

- look in the html/css code for the URL of the pic

- right click on the URL

- open link in new tab.

- right click on the picture that now appears in a new tab

- save as. 

Easy. 

It's easy, @Lilian20, but, at least in Chrome, the resulting jpg gets zapped. Appears to save and then will not open. "We can't open this file" is the error message before the photo disappears. Poor @Beth110 will need to employ some hacking skills and mess with the code to get around it. 

The screenshot/gimp idea is good, except for the low resolution. She probably likes that particular picture because it is clear. Retaking the shot on a good-light day is really all a person can do when the original is gone. 

What browser are you using, though? Maybe that's it.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Beth110 

click on the cover photo to open gallery

then right click on the picture in the gallery you would like to use / copy

click on "save image as" and save it on your pc

In order to try to help yesterday, I did both a "Save image as" and an element inspection to save one of my own pictures. Both options have been disabled, @Branka-and-Silvia0 and @Lilian20. It's really great advice, but not for Airbnb pictures right now - at least not in Chrome in North America. Is that what you are finding, too, @Beth110

I suspect it is a measure to stop those duplicate listing scams. 

What happens is this: something saves, but it is under 100 kb and won't open in any program. 

I really think Beth needs to take a new picture, but I will stop going on about that 🙂

@Lawrene0 give me the picture url (address) or listing url and number of that picture in gallery and I will try to save it and upload here 

I'm not trying to save anything here for myself, @Branka-and-Silvia0. I was doing a test with my own photos to see if I could better help @Beth110

Beth, this is a great offer! Post the URL of the photo you want here (or in a private message) and Branka & Silvia will save it and upload it here for you. Can't beat that!

I wonder how much resolution will be lost in the upload to the CC. It will be interesting to see.