Payment not received

Harjeet1
Level 2
Vijayawada, India

Payment not received

Airbnp power.JPGHi team Airbnb....I have not received the payment for the guests who stayed with me on the 5th of February2017 and it is now 21st March 2017.
They have not paid me the power bill dues either which are clearly stated in my House Manual.
The power bill was 1296/- INR and the guest refused to pay the amount.
I have mailed the guest too.
Why haven't I been paid? Will I ever get the payment?
How do I contact Airbnb directly?

Thanks
Harjeet
9 Replies 9
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Ways to contact ABB are posted on the main page of Community Center.

I find that contacting ABB through Twitter is the best way to get resolution on an issue that requires a fast response.

As for the charges, others will be able to chime in and offer better advice than I can, but I'm not sure if this is a request you made through the Resolution Center or if you're billing them outside the ABB platform.

If you're billing them outside the ABB platform, you may not see anything.  Even if you're billing them via the Resolution Center, it's never been clear to me if the money is paid PRIOR to departure or how that works.

Give it a few minutes - no doubt more knowledgable hosts will give you plenty of good information.

Thank you so much for the info Wendy.

The day before the guests checked in I got a mail which said this" 

The guest has already paid ₹7628 + service fee to Airbnb. That money (less host fees) will be sent to you the day after the guest checks in."

This was on 4th feb. 

Why don't they have a contact mail or toll-free number? 

This is crazy. I make a living out of this and now I am left without any compensation?

@Harjeet1,

Go to your profile and go to that place where you have your bank information listed.

Make sure the information is there and that it is correct.

My bank information "disappeared" one day from this section and now I check it every day, three times a day, as I know others are being hacked and money being rerouted to who-knows-where.

You need your money and I am sure ABB will resolve this for you.

So go check your bank information, make sure it's there and that it is correct, and then go to Twitter and ask for help.  I'm not positive but I believe the Twitter handle is @AirBnBHelp.  If it isn't that, it's something close to that.  Just search for it and make sure you get the address with the word "help" in it.

Keep us posted!

I checked everything and my bank transactions too.

Will keep you posted.

I went to the help centre and was able to mail from there.

Let's see what happens.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

To be able to charge additional amounts you would need to clearly show what they are in your listing, I doubt AirBnB will support after the fact charges.

David

Hi David

Those charges are secondary and lesser amount.

I have shown you a screen shot and earlier too Airbnb has supported me about the same.

Airbnb owes me the guest charges, don't they?

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Hi @Harjeet1,

you should have been paid the rent a day after check-in, plus bank delays.

Did you specify a payout method in your profile? Did you check this method? 

I had a look on your listing and the electricity bill is not mentioned in your listing, so I guess you will not get that money.

To claim any extra fees, they need to be indicated in the listing. The guest needs to be aware of the fees before he books, otherwise you cannot claim that money. 

A few general thoughts: your villa costs the same for a single traveller and a large group. You should add extra person fees, maybe after the second person. If a couple comes alone, it's less expensive and if there are more people, who use more electricity and water, the 3rd, 4th etc person pays their share. 

It's theoretically possible to ask the charges seperately, but you would have to indicate that you will check the electricity meter and water counter etc with the guest at check-in and check-out and then they will pay xx / kwh, yy per m3 water etc. That's complicated, therefore most hosts just add an average consomption to the price and extra person fee. 

Type "contact airbnb" in the search field on the community center, there are some collections of numbers. Easiest is always to call or chat. Or twitter/ 

Hi 

I have not received a payment which was due on 22cnd of April for $1400 and Airbnb claim they have transferred the money into my PayPal account. PayPal has told me they definitely did not receive the money and also I did not get an alert of payout from Airbnb which I normally do. No one seems to be overly concerned at Airbnb when I now have rung them for the eighth 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Valek0,

Welcome to the Community Center, it is nice to meet you.

In terms of your payment, it can sometime take a little longer than expected depending on your payment method and if it falls over a weekend. As it has been only a few days and you have already contacted the Support Team, I would recommend waiting a few more before contacting the team again as they will be looking into this further. 

Hopefully you will get you payment very soon. Please do keep me posted, if you can.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.