Paying for a reservation

J--Christian0
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

Paying for a reservation

Hi, do I have to pay the full amount upfront or do I pay some of the money and the rest when I arrive? 

Christian

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

This one is easy to find in the Help Centre, @J--Christian0, but I will give you that answers there are sometimes worded in an unhelpful way. Yes, you have to pay the full amount up front to Airbnb. Your host will not receive the payment from Airbnb until after you arrive. That is in most cases. If it is a long-term rental, there are differences and you will need to look that up. Search for "How do I pay for my long-term reservation?"

Hope this helps. 

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Much like an airline reservation, you pay the whole amount up front at the time of booking.

Read more here:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/92/when-am-i-charged-for-a-reservation

Robert246
Level 1
Llanelli, United Kingdom

Hi,

Much the same question. I want to book a property for a month next January, do I have to pay the whole amount up front or is there a means to pay a deposit.

Best Regards,

Bob

Hi, @Robert246. Follow the link that @Cynthia-and-Chris1 give above. It covers reservations of less than 28 days and those of 28 days and more. You might have to replace the .com with .co.uk in the URL. Should work even if you don't, but just in case.

I want to pay for booking which I like to make , so I Went to payment method so I can fill out my credit card info. but when I press next, NOTHING happens, can anyone help please

This same thing is happening to a potential guest of mine right now. Does anyone have any advice for this? Is there any way to contact Airbnb? I don't see any method of contact.