Oh no....not again!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Oh no....not again!

With great sadness we woke this morning to hear of yet another terrorist attack in London!

I wish there was some way we could reach across the divide and just give you guys a hug, look you in the eye and tell you we are hand in hand with you!

The spirit of Britian got the world where it is today, tomorrow you will turn the other cheek and get on with your lives just as you always have.

Crisis tends to build a bond of togetherness that seems to entirely escape the logic of those who perpetrate these acts.

Just be strong like you always have....we are behind you!

Cheers.....Rob

18 Replies 18
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Those who perpetrate these acts are completely devoid of logic. We stand with London!

@Karen-and-Brian0

You know, everything...(well almost everything) in nature learns from its mistakes. A horse, a cow, learns not to go near an electric fence after it has been zapped a few times. Correlas, (parrots) learn to stay away from an almond orchard that uses a compressed air sound gun that is there for the purpose of keeping them away. Fish learn to swim in schools making it much harder to individually feed themselves! They do it to protect themselves from predators. Ant colonies make foraging trails that avoid danger areas for them! Even the humble mosquito learns not to lay it's eggs in water where there are fish. All these elements of lifeform have over time learned by their mistakes. Even a virus adapts to its challenges, not to be an aggresor, but to survive!

Terrorists, on the other hand, since the time they started blowing up planes in the Libyan desert have learned nothing from their mistakes. They have not learned that every time they take another life they galvinize support against their cause. 

You would think somewhere along the line some terrorist would have thought...."Hang on, this aggresive thing of killing off people doesn't seem to be working the way it should"! 

It is unfortunate that so much of the worlds money and resources are tied up trying to keep at bay a lifeform that has a logic perception that falls somewhere between a goldfish and an earthworm. 

And in saying that, I am probably doing the earthworm a diservice!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4

@Andrea9

Just saw footage of the violent events. So sad. Who orchestrates this stuff anyway?

Who has the capabilities, technologies, top-notch sophistication, logistical training ... who?

Who would stage these deadly 'happenings'? I sometimes wonder what would happen if such

evil were never reported on, never appeared on the front page of a newspaper, never 

boomed from a boobtube in every family living room, never ratatatatted from radio

news shows as bbbbbreaking news. 

What if we just had classical music, you know, like in Austria everywhere, or when a revolution 

is being put down in a South American dictatorship? We could relax, feel no fear, no terror.

Not be terrorized. And with that lack of terror, the would-be tea-roar-ists would have been neatly emasculated.

Don't say, "I taught I tah a tellowist." to yourself. Announce: "I feel no fear."

Okay, okay, now I'll get slaughtered for this post. Ah, well. What can a poor boy do?

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Dunny0  Ahhhhh.....those Who this and Who that questions you ask are exactly where the spotlight isn't illuminating the dark shadows and never really does, at least not mainstream. 

Have you ever noticed and wondered at the timing of these events? Seems that everytime some important event, government scandal.... is about to be revealed, there's an attack that takes over the headlines. Kind of like waiting with baited breath to hear confirmation of surveillance proof and help through other sovereign buddies when all attention is diverted by a lunatic with a lead foot on the gas pedal and a knife. And yeah, I'll get slaughtered for this, but can't remember - did they find a pasport in his car? And again, he doesn't survive, so can't be interrogated... Call me crazy, but I used to sew a  lot with a passion, customizing patterns, and let me tell you - I know a pattern when I see one after multiple repeats...

Do you know how magic works? - here, look at this hand distracting you while I'm actually doing that which I don't want you to notice till I'm done. Tadaaa!

@Andrea9

So you knew all along.... well expressed. 

The same patterns have been used so often, for so many years now, and with so many mistakes ...

Ought not to say more. If a person can't deduce from here on in, well, he just can't. 

Treason doth not prosper.

What's the reason?

For if it prosper,

None dare call it treason

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

My feeling goes out to all direct and indirect victims of this atrocity to humanity. 

Hopefully, something learned will come of this.

It always gets me how despite all blanket collection of data from all of our communication methods ('wire tapping') and video surveillance such violent perpetrators can't be prevented. Shall we read soon that this person too had already raised red flags with police or homeland security but been ignored...?

All you hosts in London stay safe, stay strong, and be watchful without succumbing to fear.

@Robin4

Batter up. Robin. Since this thread has been sewn, what's your best guess?

Who are the perps of this crime? And what can hosts, guests do not to be blown to smithereens by the next surprise?

@Andrea9

Andrea, darling. You are asking the right questions. What did Sir Arthur Conan Doyle say via his character

Sherlock Holmes? When one has elimnated all other possibilities, what remains - however improbable (and astonishing,

and unbelievable) - is the answer.

And Descartes. Here's what helps me solve this riddle, quote: 

"The basic strategy of Descartes's method of doubt is to defeat skepticism on its own ground. Begin by doubting the truth of everything—not only the evidence of the senses and the more extravagant cultural presuppositions, but even the fundamental process of reasoning itself. If any particular truth about the world can survive this extreme skeptical challenge, then it must be truly indubitable and therefore a perfectly certain foundation for knowledge. The First Meditation, then, is an extended exercise in learning to doubt everything that I believe, considered at three distinct levels:

Perceptual Illusion

First, Descartes noted that the testimony of the senses with respect to any particular judgment about the external world may turn out to be mistaken. (Med. I) Things are not always just as they seem at first glance (or at first hearing, etc.) to be. But then, Descartes argues, it is prudent never wholly to trust in the truth of what we perceive. In ordinary life, of course, we adjust for mistaken perceptions by reference to correct perceptions. But since we cannot be sure at first which cases are veridical and which are not, it is possible (if not always feasible) to doubt any particular bit of apparent sensory knowledge."

Nice bit of writing. Wish it were mine, but it ain't.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As a born and bred Londoner (but now living a few hundred miles away)  it was devastating to see this happen. #WeareLondon is the main hashtag being used and the overall message is one of unity in strength.

We will not the actions of a few who use religion as an excuse for barbarity to turn us against each other. These people are not Muslims everything they do runs counter to its teachings.

A few posts that demonstrate our unity.

https://twitter.com/MrASingh/status/844901558194180096/photo/1

https://twitter.com/TimeOutLondon/status/844618092852449288

/www.launchgood.com/project/muslims_united_for_london#/

Let's remember though in Iraq, Syria, India, Pakistan and some African country these ISIS related incidents are a regular occurence regularly killing and injuring hundred and yet the world doesn't bat an eyelid and stories rarely hit western media headlines.

I do wish we wouldn't be so Western centric.

http://www.prouty.org  there's a link if anyone likes to read up on history and personal anecdotes

and loves, well... slowly putting disparate pieces of puzzles together. Now, you'll really and truly have to 

love reading and thinking, and I'm not kidding. No April 1 here, folks.

Cherish this day. Bless your friends. Seek a faith.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

food for thought:

We are enraged about the senseless killing in London, 5 people lost their lives, we feel helpless, we are the victims of an atrocious attack.
What about the over 200 migrants that died yesterday in the Mediterranean sea? And thousands before them. Do we care? Do we feel that possibly, we could have done something about that, possibly prevented it - but didn't? Silence...

It will always be different when something happens in a place you are familiar with, and when something like this happens in a relatively unusual and apparently uncontrollable way.

It is, maybe was Red Nose Day BBC Red Nose Day. Raised a lot of money.

David

@Annette33

@Robin4

@David126

@Helen3

@Andrea9

We all know what happened, what's happening, and what will happen, because it's been happening for many decades now,

don't we? If you're yet young, grab a shovel and start digging here - https://www.nexusmagazine.com/about-us/who you'll unearth 

pearls of wisdom, gold nuggets, and realities you wish didn't exist.

Doesn't take a genius to figure it out. People are paid to do a job. They do it. Whack whack whackety-wack, job done. 3 or 3000.

I suggest listening to Mose Allison: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5fHpC4Wux8

and staying at a rural BNB far far from any big city mall, fake 'famous' tourist mecca, or massive public gathering.

Just hike and break at a country pub. It's the solution.