Not getting my refund yet

Monisha1
Level 1
Dhaka, Bangladesh

Not getting my refund yet

So, On February 15, I booked for a place at Bangkok for April 6-8, 2 nights. On February 24, the host asked me to cancel my reservation as he wanted to cancel his listing. I asked him to cancel the reservation himself so that I can get full refund. And, he cancelled the reservation. I immediately got automated mail from airbnb that they are sending refund to my credit card. This may take up to 5 days. Also, note that the reservation was cancelled by the host more than 4 weeks prior to reservation date. Hence, I get refund from airbnb according to the policy. So, I did not request refund from host. I did not get my refund yet and today is day 5. What do I do?

Also, note that this was my first ever airbnb reservation and I am new to airbnb. I am from Bangladesh and my credit card is of a Bangladeshi bank. 

Please help me get my refund. 

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Airbnb said it may take up to 5 days.  Today is day 5 so wait until tomorrow to see if it was completed.  If not, you'll need to Contact Airbnb to get a status update.

Hi Im totally lost.  I have been waiting for 5 weeks to get my payment correct from airbnb.  For some mistake I paid twice.  I always get the same answers from customer service  "Your matter has been marked urgent" but nothing happens.  What can I do?

Ksenija3
Level 1
Polichni, Greece

hello,

on March 17th l ask from my host to refund me 2 days for the house l have rent in January 2017, so he did it....Now is April the 4th, and l still waiting for AIRBNB to refund it...What happening?