My listing doesn't show up in search results. How to get AirBnB to help?

Tanya55
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

My listing doesn't show up in search results. How to get AirBnB to help?

Hello. A couple of weeks ago I discovered that my listing doesn't show up in search results. I  tried searching for it on my computer as well as I asked my friends to check it for me. It doesn't show up for any of us. I have double checked all the criteria, settings and filters dozens of times and all is correct. I also turned on the Instant Book feature on, but didn't help.

I have of course contacted the AirBbB help over the email and phone, every time their responce was that it shows up on their end and they don't accept it as an issue, hence refusing to help.

I would appreciate any suggestion on how to get AirBnB to help and actually look into my situation and help.

TIA!

27 Replies 27
Denise8
Level 2
Cincinnati, OH

This has happened to mine too.  When I contact Airbnb they say they can see my listing.  Others across USA cannot... my other listing is always very bsy andnits across the hall.  I'm not sure what to do either.

oh, that's discouraging (( My listing was a very busy one, with good reviews and marked as a rare find. I haven't received any single booking request over a month!

Wish I could help - I am a super host for many years but now I have the same problem.  Airbnb has not helped.  Am certianly open to any suggestions.   

I am starting to think that turning to media is the only option now. I am 100% convinced that AirBnB will not help or even acknowledge the problem exists

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Tanya55  my first search for your listing when logged in brought it back first in the results when your available dates of 23-28 january were enetered (and bearing in mind your 5 night minimum). The second search for the same dates when in anonymous mode (i.e. logged out) brought it back on the second page. So it is being found:

cedarvale.jpg

While people always say they get their friends to search, are those friends searching properly? Are they entering the dates when you are available? Or are they just entering Toronto with no dates and not finding you? If it's the latter that is no surprise as I get the impression that 1-night bookings are going to get returned but a minimum of 5 nights won't come back unless the date filter is applied.

Hi Victoria,

it's interesting. Because it's never in results for my friends or myself. Have you zoomed in the map by any chance? Because that's what I found - it is only discoverable if map is zoomed to my neighbourhood.

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

With so may listings in a city like Toronto and only 300 results being returned in any search you have to zoom in. That is realistically the only way to be found in a big city. You can see from the screenshot how much I was zoomed in. It was a certain amount.

@Victoria57

And I don't think it's realictically the only way because when search only brings back 2 pages of results, my listing is not there either, and there will be listings from outside of Toronto, while mine is in the middle of the city. And no matter how I set the filter there will be the same listings over and over again, but not mine

I am convinced that it is not normal because like I said my listing was always in a very high demand, it would not stay on for more than a couple of days before getting booked. But then something happened and literally overnight no interest whatsoever. Even for the holiday season setting my price at lower than usual I didn't manage to rent it out. 

And before it used to show up in search without having to zoom in, but not anymore

@Victoria57

with these search criteria, only 2 pages of relults, my listing is not there. I don't consider this normal 

list.png

@Victoria57

and yes, the search criteria are always correct. Trust me, as over the course of the last 2 weeks or so I have searched for it at least 100 of times, applying different filters and settings

You may already have tried this, but looking at your screenshot, the cost filter is pushed far to the left - to the ultra-cheap seats section. Unless you are pricing your unit significantly below everyone else, it won't show up in the search.

I've experienced the same problem. My listing has not had a booking in the past month and half. It does not show up in the search enquiries (not matter how extensive the search) and is known to show the wrong rates (rates that extremely high immediately discouraging the guests) 

This has cost me a lot and I have yet to hear back from them. But you're defintely not the only one, as a friend of mine also experienced the same glitch. He beleives it's a bug on their system that they need to aknowlegde and fix it.  

Let me know if you've made any progress resolving this issue. 

It seems I am suddenly encountering the same problem. I have just received a message from someone who was contemplating booking my house yesterday but today it doesn't appear in the search results anymore. I cannot find it either, even after checking that I didn't apply filters in my search. I cannot find it on the map either (and there aren't many airbnb rentals in my area). Is there even a way to contact airbnb directly?

My Listting does not show up on my friends computer, even after zooming into the area, it does show up on my computer as I'm the host but does not show up in other computers. Have tried putting and removing  filters and checking too.

Thanks,

Estefania