My guest booked longer than 7 days

Ivan136
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

My guest booked longer than 7 days

Hello,

On all my listing under the house rules i wrote

"Apartments are rented ONLY FROM SATURDAY TO SATURDAY" and under availibility settings under reservation preferences I have checked ,"check in on Saturday only, and minimum stay 7 days".

My guest booked 9 days, (there is no option to select 7, 14, 21 etc days on availibility settings but i wrote it under my house rules with bold letters only from saturday to saturday)

I tryed to contact my guest and change the outgoing date with all the explanation about the house rules, but my request was cancelled by the guest without any further explanation.

What are my possibilities now as I dont want to cancell on my own to loose my superhost status and this is not my fault. In 2 years I never had situation like this one, but I think in future all this could be solved with option to select saturday to saturday 7-14-21-etc days...

As it is now, I can only select saturday as first day, and then select the maximum stay of 7 days, but then guest that want to stay 2 or 3 weeks cannot book the apartment.

Please advise .

Thnx!

Ivan

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would call BNB and ask them if they can help resolve. Look at the 2nd post in this forum for contact details.

Sounds like your guest may not have read your listing properly. If it is says in your house rules people can only book in multiples of seven days.

I contacted Airbnb support, thnx for the tip. Will post the answer here. Im a bit sad because this situation even happen. I dont know whats the problem to putt option "check on saturday only and strict stay is a full week, 7,14,21, etc. days"...This would solve all issues of this kind.

I noted everything under my house rules, but guests insta booked and did not read carefully. If this issue was solved by a system ,  not to allowing bookings other that 7-14-21 days,  this would never happen. Im a longtime Superhost and when this happens to my guest because of obvious system issue, im angry and sad at the same time.

Ivan

@Ivan136

just set in booking requirements:

guest must check in: saturday

minimum stay: 7 days

maximum stay: 7 days

but if they want to book longer they should book twice

But what in case guest searches in a search engine for a stay more than 7 day. I guess my listing wont be visible that way if max 7 days is checked and i have 14 or 21 days free? or?

Ivan

@Ivan136 I am affraid you are right 😞

You also have an option not to allow instant book but that's not good for your search position, you will get  less bookings

I dont want to deactivate insta book. It helps me a lot because im on the bussines trips all the time so my guests can book instant and I can get back to them when I get back with all data, infos etc... Hope Airbnb solves this issue as fast as possible.

Ivan

Soraya15
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi please help

we had a guest that posed a security risk. After he lost the house keys he tried to jump over the wal to gain entry. He left the fron door open. Had many midnight escapades. he followed no house rules. after we spoke to him about these risks he cancelled with airbnb and airbnb refunded him 50% of the money. We dont know how this work because a previous guest that cancelled whilst he was staying did not get any refund due to our refund policy not allowing this. We have tried to complain to airbnb but no reply received. Pls can you provide us with what to do. will really appreciate.

regards

Soraya

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Soraya15

Sorry this happened to you.

Your guest shouldn't have been given a refund because you as hosts did nothing wrong.

When he broke these house rules did you message him on Airbnb to remind him about breaking your rules. Did you call Airbnb to let them know what was going on?

I can only suggest you call them now and ask them why they refunded him. He should have only be offered a refund in line with your cancellation policy. You can also reach out to them via Twitter.

Unless you got a cancellation notification from Airbnb informing you the guests says YOU ASKED THEM TO CANCEL and YOU then clicked on it to confirm this was the case....I can't see how this happened. (this is a badly worded confusing notification Airbnb sends out if a guest tells them a host is asking them to cancel).

I hope you get it sorted out.