Market for Sports Holidays

Lynn47
Level 1
France

Market for Sports Holidays

Hello Fellow Airbnb Hosts! Does anyone have experience with marketing to people who like to keep fit on holiday? When I travel I search for places with pools long enough to do laps, good running and biking trails nearby, riding centres and / or a gym, etc. So, not organised activities or extreme sports or sports camps, just facilities to keep active and work off the fois gras. I have been happily and successfully marketing a cottage in the Pyrenees to walkers and nature lovers for 3 years exclusively via Airbnb. The opportunity has arisen to buy a contemporary converted barn with a 25 metre heated pool, in a popular SW France location with direct access to extensive trails for walking, running, biking and riding. There is room for a gym and sauna to accommodate my equipment. The barn itself has all the right features. I have googled market research for this market and found little applicable data. If I advertise effectively, does anyone have information on the market's appetite for my potential offering? Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Ercsey-Orbán0
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Hey Lynn!

I just red your comment about a potential market fit of a 'Sporty Holiday Portal'. We've just working on this kind of service. If you interested please PM me at peter@thenextmonday.com. Maybe we can cooperate.

Thanks,

Peter

Em4
Level 10
Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand

@Ercsey-Orbán0 @Lynn47

I would also be interested.  We have a lake which is great for swimming in summer, kayaks, paddleboards, plenty of paths for walking, running, biking and a gym (which i have taken out at this stage in order to free up rooms for accommodation).  horses are nearby.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Why not put a post on Host Voice about this? I had a post about a tick box for listings which were on or within walking distance to walking trails but it didn't get enough support and has been archived. Do put it up, I will give it a tick. It is a better tick box for me than for instance ''door man'' for searchability.

@Lynn47

You could look into Trip Tribe.  Not sure how popular it is in your area - they are just starting the groundwork in Australia.  We have kayaks and bikes and at a guess, around 40% of our guests come to include fitness in their holiday.

Good luck.