Is there a way to host females or couples only?

Crystal41
Level 1
Albuquerque, NM

Is there a way to host females or couples only?

I had a man stay at my house for 3 nights and he made me feel super uncomfortable. I didn't sleep the entire time he was here. Is there a way to host only to females or couples? 

3 Replies 3
Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

I don't think there is a way to put an automatic filter like this. 

But, you can clearly express in your House Rules that you accept only females and couples because that's how you feel comfortable to host. And that way, everyone will have to admit the rules before booking. If not, you can cancel without penalty, I think. But to be sure about cancellation, I would suggest to contact Airbnb. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I agree with @Ira4.  There are many single women with a private room that want to have the same criteria.  @Crystal41  I am wondering how you will review this guest.  If you wish to share what his behavior was that made you uncomfortable we might be able to assist you with either wording a review or recommending you flag his profile.

Anne226
Level 4
Falmouth, MA

@Crystal41, as a female host, I rent a private guest room/bath and share my living space with female guests only. I note this in my summary paragraph and under "House Rules." For the few inquiries from men and couples who may not have read my listing, I gladly refer them to a nearby Airbnb.

There are plenty of women who prefer to stay with a female host! I’ve hosted terrific guests that include mother/daughters, sisters, cousins, best friends, and female solo travelers. If you set up your guest room with a trundle or twin beds, you can accommodate women who travel together or alone.