Iphone app notification won't go away

Answered!
Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Iphone app notification won't go away

Dear Community,
I have a notification showing on my Airbnb app but no pending requests or messages at all. I've looked extensively, anyone have any ideas how to clear this as it may prevent me from replying to an actually request in a timely manner. I have redownload the app, turned notifications on and off. No notifications appear on the dashboard of the website. 

Joshua

1 Best Answer
Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

View Best Answer in original post

145 Replies 145
Kristin-And-Chris0
Level 2
El Segundo, CA

Same problem!  It's been there for about 10 days or so.  I thought for sure deleting and reinstalling app would clear it, but it didn't.  Very annoying, makes me concerned I'll miss a real notification.

Taylor15
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Same issue for me. Closing and opening doesn't help. I've scoured the app and can't figure it out.

Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Glad I brought up. I can't even find an email address to Airbnb to try and get an answer.

But I did find in the app under your "Account-Give us feed back" there is the oportunity to send email to host_feedback_ios@airbnb.com. If every one sends a complaint off many we'll get an anwser!

Same problem here! will get onto sending a complaint...

I was able to log out and then log in and notification went away.  Hope this helps you

Jude4
Level 2
Coromandel, New Zealand

Yay. That worked for me too. Airbnb Twotter Help. Couldn't even tell me this 🙂

7 years later and still not fixed

Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

Unfortunately, logging out had no affect for me.  Any other ideas over the years?

This didn’t work for me.  I tried logging out and even deleting the app.  I had clicked everything but clicked on the messages tab even though I didn’t show to have any new messages.  There was a notification for a new privacy agreement I had to clear.  That solved it for me!  Hope that helps!

Helen0
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

Nope. Doesn't work. I have had 7 outstanding notifications showing on my phone for days now - nothing I try makes them go away even though there is nothing I haven't dealt with. 

@Helen0 If you go into your messages and filter on 'unread' you might find your problem. We had a notification that refused to go away but it was a message (from months ago) that suddenly showed up as unread even though I had read it.

Claire1783
Level 1
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Didn't work for me.

@Claire1783 there seem to be two message inboxes. One for hosting and one for traveling. Try to find both of these and you might find the elusive message.

This fixed it for me! Thanks Mike!