Iphone app notification won't go away

Answered!
Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Iphone app notification won't go away

Dear Community,
I have a notification showing on my Airbnb app but no pending requests or messages at all. I've looked extensively, anyone have any ideas how to clear this as it may prevent me from replying to an actually request in a timely manner. I have redownload the app, turned notifications on and off. No notifications appear on the dashboard of the website. 

Joshua

1 Best Answer
Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

View Best Answer in original post

145 Replies 145
Collin8
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

well same here! Got a badge with a 3 which won’t go away even though I read all the messages. Tried logging out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling, no change.
Will turn badges off now but would prefer a fix since I would hate missing notifications due to this.

Wendy336
Level 1
Rotorua, New Zealand

I found that my notifications had to do with supposedly unread messages in the inbox - if you scroll down and find the messages with the dot and click on them, the notification goes away

Nina319
Level 1
Mariehamn, Åland Islands

This question is obivously almost two years old, but I'm new to Airbnb and have the same problem. It's not present on my tablet but I can't get rid of the darned notification on my brand new Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile. Yes, I DID log out (took me a while to figure out how ...) and logged on again. Alas, to no avail. Any clever ideas on how to tackle this persistent glitch ..?

Freddy44
Level 1
Lima Region, Peru

I had the same problem for over a year and I solved it by logging into the airbnb desktop version, where every message that you´ve ever received shows up. That way you can find any message that you couldn´t  check out (or never appeared) in the movile version that is still "unread", which is  the reason why that annoying notification never goes off.

This answer should be marked as the solution, not the "log out and back in" one.

Lynette89
Level 1
Kaikoura, New Zealand

A survey appears on my phone app every time I have a completed booking and place feedback.  I answer the survey and save but it just won't go away and I can't get to my calendar or anything else.

My app continuously says I have four messages it won’t go away. Does anybody know how to get rid of this? 

Greg473
Level 1
Scottsdale, AZ

iOS app on iPhone and iPad does the same thing, I have a notification that won’t go away. I signed off and back on, no good.  I deleted the app and reinstalled it, no good. I signed into the web site and there are no messages so the icon notification is wrong or the app is broken. 

I think I’ll just remove the app and chock it up to the company not knowing what they’re doing and not caring.

I had to go on the Airbnb desktop version and click through messages and notifications on the website which FINALLY got rid of my notifcations. I had also tried logging out and deleting app.

It's absolutely bizarre I can't do that from the iPhone app which is telling me I have them, I hope they clear that up. Incredibly annoying.

Grace451
Level 1
Hamilton South, Australia

I had the same issue, then went into the settings page on the app and it turned out they wanted me to fill in the section with information about myself.  Filled it in and the notification icon is gone.

Andy597
Level 1
Billericay, United Kingdom

Fixed it! Go to Inbox. At the top there is a bell icon (for notifications). It had a red dot on it. Click through and read the notification. Worked for me in clearing the app notification. The confusion was that there was a red dot showing on the Profile icon. 

Give this man a cookie 🍪 thank you sir, it worked.

I have 15years of software development experience and couldn't figure this out...thus just shows how bad the ux/ui is...

John2997
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

Same problem, so annoying!

Derek80
Level 2
Phuket, Thailand

Just managed to resolve this so for anyone still having the issue:

1.  Log out / Log in.  If this doesn’t work

2. Delete the App and re-install.  If this doesn’t work

3. Check Inbox notifications (bell icon in Inbox), and if that doesn’t work

4. Desktop version, Inbox, Unread messages.  

“4” finally worked for me, there was a message that had actually been read on my phone but was showing as not read on my desktop interface