Instant Booking

Caroline271
Level 1
Naples, FL

Instant Booking

I had instant book activated, usually the calendar will block off day befor and after guest leave for cleaning.  It did not do that for one of my guest and another person booked the same day check in.  I work all day and I was not able to clean before here arrival.  I explained the situation to her but she refused to cancel because she would be charged a fee she asked me to cancel eventhough I offered to accomadate her and told her I would make it work on my end. She said she already booked somewhere else. I cancelled the reservation and I was charged $100 my listing is blocked from anyone else booking.  I think this is highly unfair, as I did offer to accomadate her?  There is no way to contact customer service as well????? I now read if I have instant book I should not be charged for cancelling the reservation???  HELP

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Caroline271  I see that you may have two issues:  Was there a glitch in the Air BNB system that did not support your settings?  Can you cancel this IB reservation without penalty?  Please contact Air BNB Customer service ASAP.  Hopefully you have your communication with the traveler so it supports your attempt to work with the guest.  

The phone number to reach Air BNB is 855-424-7262.  A complete guide for the various ways to reach Air BNB is locate on this site.  Keep it for future.  Usually I use the Twitter, but in this case, speaking with a representative is needed.  Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens.

Charlie-and-Nina0
Level 1
Lake Montezuma, AZ

I have avoided the instant booking for a couple of reasons. 1) Because of the issue you have experienced and, 2) I want FULL control of how I run my life.  The instant booking if you have a full time staff to clean up, like some of the condominiums and hotels/motels that subscribe to AirBNB,  but does not consider the fact that some of us hosts have a full time job.  I will avoid it.

Caroline271
Level 1
Naples, FL

Linda, thank you for the phone number, I called customer service and the issue is resolved!

David928
Level 1
Chiang Mai, Thailand

hello,

how i open or close the instant booking?