I has to cancell a reservation for problem in my apartment

Francesca290
Level 2
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

I has to cancell a reservation for problem in my apartment

Hi,

i has to cancel a reservation because I has a big problem in apt and it s damaging the unit downstairs.

Today plumber told me that it s not possible to use the shower because the drain is broken and the water is coming in the unit down as a fall. It's just cause damage in the roof down.

But the cancellation is just 5 days before guest arrive..what will happen to my guests?

Thanks

11 Replies 11
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Buenos dias, paisana!

@Francesca290, what a mess.  I feel for you.

Let the guest know what's going on and that they won't be able to use the shower.  Tell them NOW.

Tell them you'd be happy to cancel the reservation (but help them find another place right away).  Once you cancel, you'll be able to state a reason WHY you cancelled in the Reviews section.

You're going to take a hit from ABB for this unless you can prove the extenuating circumstance so get the plumber's estimate clearly stating that the shower is unusable and can't be fixed until such and such a date.  Maybe ABB will accept this as an extenuating circumstance but your first priority is to find your guest a place for the price she was going to pay you.

I invited a few local hosts to my house for lunch the other day so that I could build a relationship with them as I know the day may come when I'll need them to step in for me in a situation like yours.  And they may need ME so building these relationships is something that isn't discussed enough but should be.

Let us know how you make out.

Suerte!

Francesca290
Level 2

thanks for your replay.

Unfortunately I don't live in the city where I have my property but in another country.

The plumber need to ask permit to start work and it s not something immediate.the guest will arrive on Friday so time is not enough.

Now i just inform my guests and I m trying to contact someone who can accommodate them.

I have fotos and video of damages and problem so I am sending to the resolution center,after cancelling the reservation.

Thanks

Sounds like you have this under control, @Francesca290.  It's stressful, I know, but just stay focused and give it your all today to find replacement housing.

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

El plomero no puede arreglar esto antes de que llegue la visita?

Francesca290
Level 2

Do you know in how many time Airbnb refund the guests after a cancellation?

Thanks

Some people say 24 hours.  My advice to you would be to let the guest work that out with ABB.  That way, if you give the worng information, you're not the one getting yelled at.

Tell your guest to call or write ABB with her questions and that you'll assist her any way you can.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Francesca290

This comes under extenuating circumstances.  You should contact airbnb and let them assist you with the cancelling.  If you cancel yourself you will be penalized for host cancellation - do not do it if you can avoid.

Francesca290
Level 2

there is no phone number and resolution center work only for money request..

@Francesca290

The community help guides at the top of this forum.  Make sure you store and take note for future reference.

If you do not know about penalties for host cancellation, read those too.  Help section will have a lot of useful articles too.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/bd-p/Community-Help-EN

@Francesca290 listen to @Marit-Anne0, don't cancel by yourself, contact Airbnb 

you can write them on https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us  (scroll on bottom and clik on "my question is about something else" ... and then chose whatever option is close to your problem until you get a text area where you can write what happened.

or through twitter (airbnb help) https://twitter.com/AirbnbHelp
if you don't have twitter account register now so you can contact Airbnb when you need

thank you very much for your help.

I contacted the Abb help center and they will assist them to find another accommodation:)

Thanks again