Host speaks no foreign language and has many 'demands' (two in one!!!)

Efrossyni0
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Host speaks no foreign language and has many 'demands' (two in one!!!)

Hello again! My new airbnb guests are two women from Turkey that do not speak any European language. They booked my place without reading any of my rules and messaged me in Turkish, as if it was normal for me to understand. They asked if the fare from and to the airport is included in the price!! I calmly explained... They came an hour ago here and they are complaining because they expected two separate rooms, or a room with two separate beds (I didn't understand), although I have photos of a double bed and I explicate everything in my description. I showed them the listing and explained to them that the room is exactly as in the photos. Then they asked for a special Turkish teapot that they traditionally use to make tea!!!! My God!!! I don't even know what this thing is and they are again very disappointed. I try to be polite and smile, but I do not know what will be next, or if I am going to be in trouble... 

6 Replies 6
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Yikes - how long will they be there?  I'd be tempted to Contact Airbnb and ask to have them re-homed so they can maybe be happier elsewhere.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Efrossyni0 you don't have a Turkish,  English, Japanese , Chinese, American, German and Indian teapot in your Airbnb? What kind of host are you ????? :)))))

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Efrossyni0

Tell these two beauties to go to the local turkish shop and buy a turkish tea pot, O but you in Greece right.

Sharon64
Level 10
Tampa, FL

Oh my. Call Airbnb immediately and ask that they find them more suitable accommodations. Trust that none of this is your fault. Best of luck. Are these people new to Airbnb?

Brenda61
Level 1
Harvey, LA

New to this but would that count as a cancellation if she asks to have them rehomed???

Everything turned to be ok at the end. Google translator helped, but more helped that we opened up and became friends!