HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM AIR BNB

Susan424
Level 1
Kalaheo, HI

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM AIR BNB

I have had a payout stolen, my account hacked and Air BnB will not respond. Has anyone had their account hacked payout stolen? I have called air bnb for 2 months and can not get a response. $804 was stolen. I do not know what to do. HELP! 

6 Replies 6
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Sounds like there is more to this than you posted. Did you contact the police? Did you contact your bank? What lead you to believe that your account was hacked? How was your account hacked? If you feel that AirBnB was responsible for the hacking, you'll have to decide if it is worth hiring an attorney or mediator to get reimbursed. Also that person will be able to advise you about the wisdom of pursuing the matter.

If you have been calling without success, perhaps sending a certified letter explaining your complaint might get better results.

Karen210
Level 1
Garden City, SC

Customer service is horrible, long hold times and then they hang up.  Not sure what is going on.  They use to be so good, now they are so horrible.  They rate us, where can we rate them.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Susan

Firstly, I feel sorry for anybody in this position, and believe you me you’re not on your own, only today I've read of two cases of hacking or alleged hacking of two separated people account or payments.

There is common tread in all this, it appears to be Airbnb complete lack of culpability or response to people in stress which to be quite honest I just down understand.

1.Why must people badger Airbnb for a response?

2.Why does Airbnb keep hiding behind their corporate veil?

3.Why do Hosts/Guests feel it's their soul responsibility to sort out the mess? (Reach out to your Guest!)

4.Why do Airbnb have so much input on Hosts standards and pricing and little or no input on problem solving? (unless you regard community help as a response from Airbnb, get the Hosts to work for free)

5.Why do Airbnb make it so difficult to get help, if it were easy, so many people would not be continually on here complaining about how difficult it is to contact AirBnb.

6.Why do Airbnb consider an automated response reasonable?

You want the Cops/Police/Garda/Policja 911/999/999 or 998 this is not an unusual concept, emergency numbers backed up by competent first responders.

Airbnb need a universally acceptable emergency number like 999 they might even consider 666 or something similar, to help people in distress.

Susan, I sincerely hope you get the compensation and support you deserve!

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow.

Hofdahus0
Level 2
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland

I have similar problem.  Airbnb seems to have paid, but no money on the account.  

This a worry but I don't understand where the money was or suppose to be at the time it went missing.  

Are you referring to the payout from ABB to either a bank account or paypal and that never money was never deposited?

We've issued you a payout of $823 via PayPal. This payout should arrive in your account by Feb 03, 2017, taking into consideration weekends and holidays.