Guidebook categories broken on Print

Alessandro74
Level 1
New York, NY

Guidebook categories broken on Print

I am frustrated with the Guidebook feature. It sounds great and looks like it is user friendly enough, but when I go Print the thing for those who come over without internet access, it bulks all entries into "other" category and basically becomes useless. I have over 70 entries categorized from grocery store to landmarks to bars and restaurants... everything looks nice in the entry window, I created new ones and edited etc. but every time I go print the guidebook I have two major problems.

1) everything is in arbitrary order under "Other" making my suggestions basically useless since I have so many..

and also annoying is

2) some google map images don't render, saying airbnb exceeded API quota - this is simple to fix by refreshing the page, or hacking around the HTML ... but c'mon! do I have to be a web designer to publish a GuideBook???

My Guidebook

Let me know please if you are facing the same issue, and what to do?!

11 Replies 11
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Alessandro74 yes we are all facing the same problem,  it's a bad bit of programming and non-existent testing from AirBnB.

Alex106
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Hello! I have the same issue! Please let me know if you have found a resolution. Thanks!

Carter3
Level 2
Atherton, CA

I have the same issue.  Some of the guidebooks I saw looked great - any fix to this yet?

Louis27
Level 3
Kailua Kona, HI

I can't even find my Guidebook anymore. I had about 30 entries and when they changed the format it disappeared. I've tried starting a new one, but when I enter something I can only go so far and there's no way to save what I've written or move the page up to see other options. Very frustrating. Is there any way to contact Airbnb about this? It looks like it's been going on for a long time.

David411
Level 1
London, GB

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. I have contacted Airbnb about it. In the meantime I am going to remove the categories and see if that works better.

Michael334
Level 1
Alexandria, VA

Same issue.  Waiting for resolution from Airbnb.  Can't figure out how to send them an e-mail to voice this issue.  Thanks for trying Allessandro.  How they've not vetted this very simple feature to ensure proper formatting is beyond me. 

Li1
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

same issue here, how can we get an Airbnb support on this? they seem able to hide their tech support channel very well. 

George74
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Same here, this issue has been affecting my listing for months now. Can we get an update please?

Same problem - time Airbnb took notice 😞

Tara45
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

I have the same problem.  I just spent an hour editing my guidebook, and all the new items are listed at the end, not in categories.  Also one of my items is listed twice.  I am going to send an email to airbnb and request they fix this.

Tara G

Joy-And-Alan0
Level 2
Massachusetts, United States

I can’t even get into the Guidebook from my ipad. I added Recommnedations and area information on House Manual and alerted Guests that they could find it there. Does this Guidebook feature really exist?