Guest not responding after approval

Answered!
Villy1
Level 2
Thessaloniki, GR

Guest not responding after approval

Hello everyone,

I am a new host and this case is my 4th reservation:on the 23/09/16 an unverified account with the name Ete, male, 1 guest asked for a reservation for 27-30/09/16. He signed the request message with the name STEPHAN. I approved it explaining that the room will be ready after 12.00 as I am having a ckeckout the same day and asking if this is ok with him. After that, I texted him 2 more times asking for his arrival time and one time in the mobile given, but NO REPLY till now (25/09/16).

Keeping in mind the different account name and reservation signature, the uncerified account and the low response rate I am starting to doubt if it was a right idea to accept his request.. What should I do?

Thank you!
1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Go to Your Reservations - is his reservation showing as Accepted. If so you have a paid for booking. Your calendar dates will also be marked green.

No real issue with the non response = he may be travelling, etc. As for names, people use nicknames, etc on profiles all the time.

I would just email via the AirBnB platform rather than texting and just say looking forward to meeting him and reminding him of check in time and how to find you etc...

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Nancy67
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Welcome to Airbnb Hosting. Don't be discouraged. There is always a percentage of reservation requests that go unfulfilled/ or completed. Many times, guests will inquire several properties at once before making a decision or respond and will confirm/book with the first person who responds to them.
Unless you received a confirmation that he finished the booking, he is not a
Confirmed guest. It's just part of the how the game is played, and I'm sure you will be busy with plenty of bookings before you know it!!
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Go to Your Reservations - is his reservation showing as Accepted. If so you have a paid for booking. Your calendar dates will also be marked green.

No real issue with the non response = he may be travelling, etc. As for names, people use nicknames, etc on profiles all the time.

I would just email via the AirBnB platform rather than texting and just say looking forward to meeting him and reminding him of check in time and how to find you etc...

Thank you both very much for the responses!

His booking request is approved so he is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. As i am staying myself as well in the apartment I feel a little bit uncomfortable with his lack of communication, but I hope that everything turns out well 🙂