First payment delay for longer stay (33 days)

Stefan-And-Maria0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

First payment delay for longer stay (33 days)

Hello from Cape Town, South Africa.

I am Stefan and fairly new to AirBnB (5 months) and is happy to say that the experience has been very positive.

My query is about longer stays and payments and the situation is as follows:

I have a guest for a 33 day stay and we are now 7 days into the visit, but have not received an initial payment from AirBnB. If I understand the terms correctly, the initial payment should be released to us (PayPal) within approximately 24 hours after arrival and then the remaining per month thereafter. In addition the 'Transaction History' page shows the amount due for March from the guest, but indicates that no payOuts have been made.

All a little daunting for a newbie :!)

So firstly:
Am I correct in saying that the delay in initial payment is incorrect and that there is something amiss, or is this in line with AirBnB protocols and have I misinterpreted the terms.

And secondly:
If I am correct and the is a fault, how do we proceed and what can we expect?

Thank you for your time and the clarity it will bring.
Stefan

2 Replies 2
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Stefan-And-Maria0,

This delay is slight and I would not yet be concerned. It should turn up in a few days yet.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards, Christine.

Hi there Christine

This issue has been resolved thanks to the friendly help of helpful AirBnB and PayPal customer service personnel.

It seems unlikely that resolution would have been the outcome if not for me taking the time to politely speak to AirBnB and PayPal, but it has given me peace of mind for any possible future interaction with either organisations.

Was great to hear from you

Stefan@CapeTown