Featured price on thumbnail

Featured price on thumbnail

Hi, I have lowered my pricing per night to £40 per night on my page to attract more business

but the thumbnail of my house on the search engine of AirBnB says it's still £175 per night.

I've tried turning on and off smart-pricing etc.. any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

9 Replies 9
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Paul388,

It seems to be OK now. I searched for the dates 5th to 9th of February and it shows up as €46 per night.

Screenshot.png

Simona112
Level 1
Oslo, Norway

Hey, well I have the opposite problem. I used smart pricing where 450 NOK (norwegian value) was the lowest price I decided to have.

A guest was just booking our house and in the reservations summary the price went down to 360 NOK (it's about 11 euro less pr night!)

How is that possible??

Any clue?

Simona

Hello @Simona112,

Some things that can affect you prices even if smart pricing is turned on are if

1) you have prices for some days set manually on your calendar. Manually set prioces overide smart pricing.

2) you have a weekly and or a monthly discount and the guest booking qualifies for the discount

If these don't explain the difference then contact Airbnb.

Steve.

My feature thumbnail price is $130 but when I click on it, it is correct at $105.   Many won't give it a look at this elevated price that I did not set. 

Hello @Annette70,

The thumbnail price is the fixed price + the per night cleaning fee and so is a valid estimate of the nightly accommodation price you charge.

For some reason no listing is shown when I go to your profile so I can't see if you have a cleaning fee and what your minimum number of nights stay is.

For example, if your fixed price is $105, one night minimum stay and a cleaning fee of $25 then the thumbnail would show $130.

If the cleaning fee is $50 and minimum nights stay is 2 nights then the per night average cleaning fee is also $25 so the thumbnail will show $130.

If that doesn't explain it then contact Airbnb.

Steve.

Deborah125
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi there

I am having the same problem!  I have lowered my prices as High Season is over, but the thumbnails are still showing higher prices.  It only shows lower pricing once you actually click on one of my listings.

How do I solve this?  Please Help!!

Kindest Regards

Deb

Steven from Limerick, Ireland explained that my cleaning fee was estimated into the days requested.  So as I peeked in as a two day guest that fee was built in.  As it was higher than other joints in the area, I lowered my cleaning fee and got a hit.  Good luck and I hope this answers your question.  

-Annette

I do not charge any cleaning fee, or any other extra, and still have the same problem...

I see a few people had this, and I don't see any solution anywhere in this discussion.

Do you have any idea? I'm lost.

Amita0
Level 2
Kolkata, India

Hi Friends,

I had put a base price of INR 3500/- for a couple. For additional guests more than 2 persons i had added INR 500/- per person. I recently had 4 guests but the pricing was stuck at 3500/- minus airbnb fees. I have tried to change this though the options available but it seems no change has been made. Can anyone help please. Amita