Faulty AIRBNB ap has resulted in me being charged for several bookings.

Harry42
Level 1
Cwmbran, United Kingdom

Faulty AIRBNB ap has resulted in me being charged for several bookings.

Hello, My name is Harry and I had a problem with booking on the AIRBNB ap. Yesterday, 22/3/2017 I attempted to make an instant booking on the AIRBNB ap. The ap sent me the message "Your reservation request for Private Room in still isn't sent!". I also have an email confirming this. I attempted to book another place through an instant booking and again, the ap sent the message  "Your reservation request for Private Room in still isn't sent!". The problem was the lack of ID verification. After that I tried to verify my passport several times and received the message " verification not possible right now". I cancelled both multiple times but received no notification through the ap. It just went back tot he home screen. I also booked a room in Dublin that required authorisation and received confirmation of that and a payment receipt. A few minutes after that I received confirmation that my two earlier bookings were successful, despite cancelling them and being unable to verify my ID. I didn't receive payment receipts of the  first two bookings but money was taken from my account. I tried to cancel them again and received part of the refund back. 45 UK sterling from one and 35 Sterling from the other. This leaves a total of 81 pounds in total due from each host. I have contacted both hosts requesting a refund of the remainder but to no avail.

As I said I received no initial confirmations of the first two bookings and no recipt of payment. At most both bookings were active for an hour. I don't think it's fair to be charged a total of 81 pound Sterling for a a faulty ap and a booking which lasted more than an hour. I'm a student and 81 pound is a big deal to me. Any help you could give me would be mush appreciated.

Best regards

Harry

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You'll need to Contact Airbnb directly to have them take care of reversing the charges.

Thanks Cynthia and Chris,

I've contacted AIRBNB and they'll look into my case.

Thanks again

Harry