Exact Address After confirming booking

Sangeetha0
Level 1
New Fairfield, CT

Exact Address After confirming booking

Hi- My trip is coming up and I went through my emails to find the exact address of where my host is, but I can't find an email indicating the exact address. 

I tried contacting my host family, but they are not responding back. 

Is there somewhere on my profile where I can find the exact address of my booking. All the  'address' fields are something generic such as, "Havana, Cuba"

Thanks,

13 Replies 13
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

It will be on your confirmation.

David

Thank-You for your response- but the confirmation email (which includes the confirmation code) simply says, 

"Havana, Cuba" under "Address"

Is there anywhere else it could be? Somwhere under trips in my profile? 

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Sangeetha0  As @David126 says, it's in your Confirmation; click on Itinerary.  If the host hasn't included directions in the Itinerary, click on Get Directions.  I always suggest to guests that they print their Itinerary before they leave home.

This happens to me as well. I read here https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/No-Address-Provided-in-Confirmed-Reservation/td-p/84386 that they might reveal the address 24h before. Trust is a two way street, I guess.

@Sangeetha How did you solve yours? Do I need to verify my ID - maybe it the website will give me more credit?

It is not always on the itinerary or it says something like mine does, Leon, Nicaragua

When I print the receipt after booking confirmation and payment, I am able to see the complete address. Even if the receipt is printed a month in advance, the address shows.

Incomplete address might be due to the host not filling it properly. 

Plus you are able to see the phone # of the host. You can try and Whatsapp him and ask for the details after giving your booking id.

Musharaf0
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

I would personally and highly recommend to get a gotel , NOT AIRBNB, it is not safe, your stay can be cancelled by host or airbnb, and you will not get any refund, airbnb and the host are not legally allowed to conduct this business, 

Be safe

Thank you

Paul1915
Level 1
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Untrue and suspicious comment. It is true the booking can be cancelled, as can happen when you book a guest house or standard B&B (and it has happened to me a few times). It only happened once on Airbnb (from many bookings). In Vancouver as it happens. I was immediately offered the choice of a full refund or a credit towards another booking, which is what I did.

This is so not true. You can go stay with a super host with amazing reviews. Yes anyone can list a property, go with the ones with good reviews if you want to make sure it is bonafide.

I recently went to stay in a hotel booked via Expedia and the hotel had shut down....it took me many phone calls and weeks for me to get my refund from them (apparently they just couldn't believe the hotel didn't exist anymore and insisted on calling the reception to verify....sigh).

My stays at AirBnB to thus far have been amazing, do the correct research and you won't be disappointed.

Margaret525
Level 1
Cockeysville, MD

I am actually having the same issue. I have contacted the host. I have also tried the "Get Direction" advise. The end of the directions says follow the road to your destination. I do not have a street address, the reservation just says

Address

Orlando, FL 32821, United States

I do not know where to go from here.......

Mariska9
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I have the same problem with an host in San Juan Puerto Rico who I wrote twice to get an address and no response. I now asked airbnb and they tell me to wait 48 hrs. It seems really dodgy that airbnb takes on host with no verified address and no check to see if the host is the owner of the address. This is a recipe for fraud. AIrbnb all ready took plus 300 euro from my creditcard, but the service so far is 0,0. I will never book an airbnb again if this is normal procedure. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

It would be a good idea to find out the street addressing method used in the place you're visiting before concluding that the host is being shady.  Not every place has an addressing system that is utilized in the same manner as where you may live.  I have a guesthouse in St. Lucia, and most of the houses and buildings on the island do not have a street address.  The directions provided reference landmarks and distance, because the roads in my immediate area are nameless.