Editing a review I wrote that has been more than 48 hours

Jerome39
Level 1
West Hollywood, CA

Editing a review I wrote that has been more than 48 hours

I was hoping someone could help me with this. I recently hosted a guest a week ago and had a good experience. I wrote a review for him and he did the same. However, he asked me today if I could remove his first name from my review of his and just put his first initial like how he has on his profile, for reasons unknown to me. It could be his religion or his request to remain as anonymous as possible, which I can understand. 

Airbnb does not allow changes to reviews post 48-hours, but I was wondering if they could make an exception and edit the review for me? Is there someone I can contact at Airbnb that can do this? I would like to honor his wishes. 

Thanks,

Jerome

6 Replies 6
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Instead of you getting involved, I would instruct your guest to Contact Airbnb directly if they would like to have sensitive information removed.

Ron66
Level 2
Gurnee, IL

Mine is a similar RFI (request for information). Am I able to edit my REPLY to a guest's review? It's been four months, but I'd love to trim some of the fat from the rather wordy reply. I think my reply comes across defensive of some of the guest's criticisms and not the impression I want to leave, though at the time it might have seemed it was.

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Ron66,

Sorry Ron,

Too late.....

Never mind.

Best regards.

Christine.

Thanks, Christine.

Lesson learned. Natural inclination is to respond point by point, but comes off sounding SO overly defensive. Less is more.

To reiterate: "Lessen" learned. lol

Andrew298
Level 1
Woodstock, GA

I am still within the "48 hour" window but I still can't edit my review. Apparently if the guest an dhte host have both submitted their review you can't edit, even if your within the 48 hours. Is this true? I wrote my review too soon and relied too heavily on my cleaners comments not letting the guest counter the claims. Now I feel I've been too harse. Do I still have any options?

@Andrew298  Unfortunately not.  You are only able to edit your review within 48 hours of writing it OR before the other party posts their review.  This prevents retalitory reviews.