Customer demands refund

Barry48
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Customer demands refund

Hi guys 

Having an awkawrd guest sitiation. Not actually on my account but one i am managing for a friend.

ok, so the guest booked for 10 days, he is now 5 days into the booking .

withinn 24 hours he messaged and complained about the condo not being cleaned to his standards.

a cleaner was offered to go round and clean it again for him which he refused.

He is now asking for a full refund yet still wants to stay in the condo until the original check out date.

It's not possible for him to be refunded right? surely air bnb won't refund him.

7 Replies 7
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Barry48  you have to get in front of this.   Contact the guest in the airbnb messaging system and write something like "Hi X, as we've discussed, I have offered to send a cleaner over to reclean the apartment.  You have indicated that you don't want this.  I can come over myself to inspect the areas that you don't feel are up to standard, what time is good?"  

I'd go over myself if possible, as some guests are very easy to be pushy because there is no human contact.  But if you go there and express real concern, listen to the guest, and try and diffuse the situation, it might work. Whatever you do, document all your actions in the message thread.   The first thing that Airbnb does in any dispute like this is go to the messages, and see what is the dialogue.  If there is nothing in there from you, the airbnb support might assume that you've taken no action at all, and could decide the guest is right. So you need to make sure that you have shown that you've done what you can to fix the situation, and then it will be less likely that the guest will get their way.  They are obviously just looking for a free ride if they want a refund, but want to continue to stay there....

Good luck!

Hello Maria. Very good advise! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Barry48
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi thanks for your reply 

yes i have tried my best, the guest is clearly after a free ride. 

What my main concern is that will air bnb go in the guests favour or mine?

they will see i offered a cleaner again and that they refused this. 

Visiting the guest in person isn't possible at the moment.

i'm under the impression for a refund the guest must take up this matter with air bnb within 24 hours which is why we get paid 24 hours later than check in.

So a full refund would be totally out of the question in my eyes 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

What happened when you checked him in, did he make any comments then?

No way of knowing what the person handling the case at AirBnB will do, not always in line with what you may expect them to do.

David
Emmanuel10
Level 2
Mauritius

Hi
Am a bit in a problem here.

My guest asked for a refund because his flight was cancelled. I have no objection on that and i did accept. Now he ask for a refund. Since I did not received any money from Airbnb for this booking yet, i have accepted not to be paid.(cancelation for free), thus i aggred on his request to refund him the money he was suppose to pay me. Now i received a message from Airbnb that 145 euro will be deducted from my next pay out!!! How come?? I did not receive any money yet. I understand that Airbnb keep there own fee but i dont agree to refund my guest with the money i dont have. 

Can someone help me on that?

It is taken out of the money that is being held to be paid to you.

David

hi   seems like air b/b still charge you  if a full refund is done

seems like a rip off ,  there are some new sites coming and hope service from them will be better and not one sided 

you cant even email someone to complain ar try sort out problems?