Credit Card Problem: Paid three times

Stefan100
Level 2
Sofia, Bulgaria

Credit Card Problem: Paid three times

Hello,

On 8th of March due to technical problems with the Airbnb site after three attempts I was not able to make my reservation. Later on I received a notice from my bank that there were three transactions each for the ammount of the price of my reservation.

1. After contacting the support and after sending the required bank statements I was contacted by the Support via telephone call and was assured that they've got everithing they need to resolve the case.
  2. After some days and no responce from the Support what so ever I called the Italian office of Airbnb and again was assured that everithing will be solved on the next day.
  3. Some days passed and I sent another ticket to the support and again they contacted me via telephone assuring me that on the next day everithing will be resolved and I will receive refund.

Today is 20th of March and still the case is oppened. 

This situation is absurd. I just can not believe that in the computer era it is so difficult to resolve perfectly clear credit card issue.

Stefan

2 Replies 2
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

When this happens, tell the credit card company that two are a mistake and they'll take care of it.

Delegate all the problems you can so you can focus on the ones you can't.

Stefan100
Level 2
Sofia, Bulgaria

Yesterday I've got an email message that the money for a full refund are transfered. I am a bit sceptical having in mind my previous conversations and experience with false promises (since 8th of March) but will post here when my bank confirms the transaction.