Change stars in a review

Gabriel25
Level 2
Key Biscayne, FL

Change stars in a review

I have several guests who wrote a review "Excellent" or similar, but they gave 4 stars, because they consider that unless it is the Ritz Carlston for $10 per night, they will never give a 5 star review. I reached out to them and they are willing to change it to 5 stars, but don't know how. Is there a way to make this change? It has been over 30 days since the review.

Thanks for the help!

9 Replies 9
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Unfortunately not.  4 stars is still good, so I wouldn't worry about it.

That is not right, if a guest wants to change a review, they should.

@Frank147  It may not be "right" but the information is ACCURATE.  After the review period has ended, Airbnb will not change or delete reviews unless they violate the review policy or contain sensitive information.

The guest stayed twice, both times gave 4* and a review in spanish "Excelente". It is preventing me from Superhost Badge. That is why I worry.

@Gabriel25 - As you collect more reviews and ratings, these 4's will wash out and you'll be fine.  Also, if you do some research/reading here in the Community Center, you'll see being a Super Host means very little.  Guests have pretty much no clue what a Super Host is and is merely a "pat on the back" from Airbnb. 

your right we are uber drivers with beauitful apts for rent..........        just saying   

Gurneet0
Level 10
Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, India

Hi guys am just a month old in this, but am facing the same problem...

Excellent comments all minor issues given 5 Star rating but overall review a 4 Star Rating, as the luxury expected for money paid is quite high or for people from old school when 4 out of five was considered excellent and 5 was perfect, and nothing is perfect.

But what worries me is how does the Airbnb calculate its overall rating .... is it sum of all or just the average of the final review....

Why I worry is because when u r going out of the way and doing a good job u do look for a pat in the back... SuperHost Status, & I worry as Airbnb has mentioned that if your Ratings fall below 4.7 Stars they might pull u out.... Then all this effort goes down the drain....

Just because A  Guest who relaises his / her own silliy mistake and wants to correct your review to different star is unable to do so...

Hope a solution is found to this...

Thanks Everyone

@Gurneet0 the "Overall" rating given by the guest is what is used by Airbnb to calculate your average rating. The values of all the other categories do not count.

The inability of guests or hosts to change a review/rating once posted is deliberate policy, so do not look for that to be "solved" ever.

Gurneet0
Level 10
Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, India

Thank You @Matthew285 for your insights...