Can someone help me with a questions regarding a bonus for referring a new host to Airbnbn?

Angela341
Level 1
Vallejo, CA

Can someone help me with a questions regarding a bonus for referring a new host to Airbnbn?

In detail, my friend referred me to Airbnb and she should have received a bonus after the first guest stayed at my place.  However, it has been three months and five guests and she still has not received a bonus.  What should/can I do?  I have already contacted Airbnb and I was assured that my friend would receive her bonus after the visit by the first guests, but that hasn't happened.  I am very frustrated, for her.  Other than this issue, the Airbnb experience has been positive, but this is making the sweet a little sour.  Help!

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Were any of your reservations "qualifying" reservations?  Airbnb defines a qualifying reservation as being over $75 USD excluding guest fees or any taxes.  If so, I'd have your friend call this time.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Probably best if your friend gives them a call or contacts them via twitter - very frustrating 🙂