Calendar sync problem

Elsa-Björg0
Level 2
Reykjavík, Iceland

Calendar sync problem

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with Airbnb and HomeAway sync.

It's always worked out but now it shows me this on HomeAway:

"Airbnb has not been able to sync for more than 72 hours. The URL may have changed or the service may be down."

Can anyone help? I do not want people to double book 😞

I've compared the calendars and they do not show the same results so I am nervous about this.

With thanks in advance,

Elsa

94 Replies 94

I'm having a very similar issue, though the error message I receive at the Home Away site is less specific. I noticed that my Home Away calendar had not correctly synced the information from my Airbnb calendar for some time, even after refreshing it. So I deleted the Airbnb import calendar from my Home Away listing, intending to add it back. Now when I attempt to paste the export URL from Airbnb into the import calendar at Home Away, the Home Away site throws this error: "Please check the url you entered. If the problem persists, please contact the calendar provider for assistance." The Home Away site won't even let me add the Airbnb calendar, so I've had to hide my Home Away listing.

I've spent lots of time on hold with Home Away trying to resolve the issue, and this has been their reply (via email):

"Thank you for contacting HomeAway Customer Support.

I have reached out to my leadership and, unfortunately, the AirBbB calendar syncing issue is still on ongoing known issue. The information I have is that we are reaching out to Airbnb for information and they are not supplying it back to us.  

The underlying issue causing the error message has been raised with Airbnb's developers and our developers will reach out to Tech Support if and when it's resolve. The issue is with Airbnb at this point.

Based off tests we have run, Airbnb is able to handle only so many calendar sync requests per hour from us, which at this time seems to be 60,000 requests per hour. The error message occurs once the Airbnb server has already hit the maximum number of sync requests and will not accept any more from our system. We have reached out to them again to discuss this issue and hopefully get them to raise their sync limit.

The only solution we have is to try again in a few minutes or later in the day to import the calendar, as it may take multiple attempts for Airbnb to handle the sync request successfully. This may mean that it syncs perfectly for one listing's calendar, but does not work for another listing."

Based on this response, I reached out to Airbnb support. Airbnb says they haven't received any similar complaints, and don't show this as a known technical issue. They're investigating further, but I have yet to hear a resolution to the issue.

Did you find solutions?

Thank you for a good reply 🙂

I had the idea to refresh again and again, and I've done so soooo many times without any luck. I always get the same error message. This is quite a serious thing. I had a double booking already because of this and that, believe you me, was NOT fun. I had to go through a lot to fix that, find those peeps someplace else to stay with no time in advance and I decided to give them a present to make things right ... everything turned out well but I can't be doing this time and again due to some issues with the booking sites. We are paying for their service and this is just bull****. It costs a lot of anxiety and money.

I wonder what we can do. I wonder if they even know about this problem 😕

I was told by VRBO that everyonce in awhile you can import (all is dependent on the number of calendars being synced in a day??), but I've not been lucky yet. I am going to try at 2 am.

How does one connect with Airbnb directly?

I am searching like a mad woman all over this site, losing my mind! Not finding any way to connect! 😕

Hello,

I am a new here, but I have the same problem today with this site. I would like to SYNC Calendar of Booking, but in Airbnb always write me that this Calendar is not in a right format(iCal). But I am doing everything by steps which write there and always says me that they can not syic Booking Calendar because is not in the right format.

What should I do?

Thank you,Lea

I am having the exact same issue.  I deleted the Airbnb calendar from VRBO and thought I could just paste it back but I get the same error message.  I've had the problem for at least two days now.  I guess I will be calling Airbnb this morning.

Thanks for posting!

By way of update, I received the following response from Airbnb yesterday: 

"It does seem that our calendar is not syncing with the Homeaway calendar. We’ve been investigating the cause of the issue, and we’re working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Thank you so much for your patience and taking the time to alert us to the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. In the meantime, I would suggest just trying to keep your Homeaway calendar updated with Airbnb reservations. I can not give you a time frame when this issue will be resolved but I was informed that we have been working on the issue. Hopefully, we can fix this issue shortly.

Thank you again for your patience while we try to resolve the issue."

So it seems that the issue is, in fact, on the Airbnb side, and that they're working to resolve it. I will post any other updates, and ecourage others to do so, as well.

And just received this update from Home Away:

"Thank you for contacting HomeAway Customer Support.

I found out some additional information about the calendar issue today so I wanted to follow up with you to let you know. Your other case is still with tech support but I found out that Airbnb recently updated their calendar format and it no longer works with ours, we do have a ticket open with them but we do not know when, or if, they are going to fix what they did to make it no longer work with our calendar. It is also open with our development team so we are doing what we can to make it work as well. Other than that, I don't have any idea how long this might take, or even if we can get it fixed at all. Since you have a ticket with Tech support, when there are updates, they will email you to let you know what is happening."

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Syncing seems to be every day, but it will not avoid double booking. I have no idea why there is currently a problem.

David
Jan129
Level 2
California, United States

I am having the exact same problem!

Even getting the exact same wording from Homeaway, saying my Airbnb calendar has not synced in over 72 hours.

I have tried several times to re-do the syncing of the calendars to no avail.

This can be a real problem with double booking! I too am nervous since I got a recent Airbnb booking that is not showing up on my Homeaway listing calendar. 

I guess I will have to add it as blocked dates on my Homeaway listing so that no one else tries to book it?

This definitely needs to be resolved!

Grrrrrr!

How do we connect with Airbnb to solve this issue? I'm having the same error message over the week of trying import the calendar to VRBO.

Indeed! how??

I am having the same issue trying to import VRBO also..it has been going on for two days.

I do not even know how to reach out to the right people!

I've sat down and written down a comparison on each month....and I see loads that are not synced. This is terribly confusing for all parties.