CTA/CTD functionality

Christian225
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

CTA/CTD functionality

Hi all,

I've read in blogs that Airbnb is offering or is about to offer to property managers CTA/CTD functionality (Closed to arrival/Closed to departure) for the availability calendar. Anyone knows if this is the case and if yes, how to implement it?

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, CTA allows to choose which dates are acceptable for an arrival and CTD which dates are acceptable for a departure. Subsequently only bookings that comply will be shown in search results. This allows to rent every single day during high season = allows to use instant booking with every single booking being optimised.

Thanks for your replies!

CD

Vienna, Austria

4 Replies 4

You can already choose which dates to arrive - In the Calendar view, go to the Availabiity settings. Under the minimum and maximum stay entry boxes, there is an "add a requirement" option.  Select that and a pop up box is shown that has the option to require guests to check in on a certain day.  Check that and pick the day.  

Otherwise, I have not heard they are adding this feature nor have I heard any other hosts talk about it.  

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I think what this means is not all rentals must begin on a particular day but rather that you can require that on this week: someone should check in on Tuesday after another guest leaves on Monday and they must check out on Thursday but not Wednesday. It is a different kind of blocking and I think it would be very helpful. I saw another host describe it this way "I don't mind to have someone renting on this particular day, but I am not available to checkin or out on this day"

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Christian225 The "CTA" thing has existed for quite some time. Never seen any CTD equivalent, but I'm not sure why one would give a crap. That sort of things could be managed (in conjunction with CTA) via min/max stays, etc.

CTA can be managed if in a bit tortuous way: with booking.com for instance you just tick a box under the date in the calendar and that's it. However CTD, is much more complicated and not optimal: one has to set both a minimum stay and a fixed arrival date which is not what we really want.

Those professionals who have a use for it do give a crap, that's why it's integrated in all serious channel managers and professionals platforms...