After booking confirmation I did not receive the proper address of the apartment...

Daniel501
Level 1
Freiberg, Germany

After booking confirmation I did not receive the proper address of the apartment...

Hey folks, I tried to find this question in here but I think I am the first one asking it in this combination.

I booked an accommodation in Hong Kong and the host confirmed (after increasing the price and asking me to take back my request and accept the higher price...) and I also invited tons of friends last year to airbnb and therefore got 94€ travel credits granted by airbnb.

The issue is: This money would have been expired on 22nd Feb 2017, so I hurried and booked the accommodation. Now this cheecky host, after even increasing the price, did not send me the proper address (Only streetname but not the number) and after writing her an email and contacting her via airbnb several times, she just ignores me. It looks like since she got the money, there is no interrest in further communicating with me, though I stayed professional and friendly.

The question is: When I fly to Hong Kong on 12th April and as airbnb asks guests to do, wait until 1 day before departure and if then I still dont get the proper address from the host, I have to cancel and find something else: What happens to the 94€ I got granted by inviting many people to travel with airbnb? Since those funds SHOULD expire on 22nd February, will they disappear right after getting refunded (because then it will already be the 11th April). If your answer is YES, I will cancel now or try to get airbnb to cancel penalty-free (how long would i have to wait for a reply? because 22nd February is pretty soon...) and if the answer is NO (meaning the travel credits of 94€ will still be there and will have another few month before they expire) I will try and give the host a chance to reply to me about the address until one day before my trip in April.

I am pretty confused and kind of scared now, because I planned this trip to be my gf birthday gift and I want to propose to her there, so I really really dont want it to become a hastle and a mess... plese please pelase help me with this crucial information, so I can prepare accordingly.

Thank you so much for reading through this mess of my mind here.

All the best,

Daniel

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Sounds exciting and confusing and I can tell this is important to you!  Since this community is not manned by anyone actually employed by Airbnb, you'd be best served CONTACTING AIRBNB directly to get your questions answered.  Report back so we know what happened. 🙂

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The Host is paid the day after you check in.

David
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The host is not allowed to ask you for more money after you book unless you add guests or ask for more days. This is enough reason for you to ask BNB to cancel the booking.

In your situation I would call BNB explain what has happened - say the host asked you for extra money after you booked and won't give you the address and you are no longer comfortable staying there.  Ask  them if they will find you suitable alternative accommodation.

Lynne2
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi Daniel,

I assume that you used the Airbnb messaging platform for all communication.  All your communication will then be on record.  I suggest that you contact Airbnb via Twitter @AirbnbHelp .  This needs reporting.  Hosts cannot increase fees after a confirmed booking, and they are obliged to give you an exact address, which would have been recorded when they registered their listing. 

Good luck!