Accidental cancellation

Elyseah-Jesamine0
Level 1
Metro Manila, Philippines

Accidental cancellation

I’m a host. I accidentally cancelled a reservation. Since the calendar is blocked what I did is I let the guests check in. The guests now wants to get the refund from airbnb since airbnb states that the guest has been fully refunded. She was charged with her credit card last feb 4. May I know when she will get her refund money? and what are the steps to amend this case? How do I resolve this ASAP? Kindly assist me in this matter. Thank you! 

9 Replies 9
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

It may take 5 working days for the guest to be refunded - in other words up to a week.

Anne367
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

I declined a booking but client managed to check in after discussion . how do i remit Airbnb commission .

@Anne367

If you are acting outside the airbnb platform and their payment system - everything is between you and your guest - including the risks.

I declined booking and then tried to re-enstate it . Client was already at the property . I have seen his reviews , but i just want to ensue that i remit what is due to Airbnb . Client is happy to make the commission direct to Airbnb . question is how do i communicate this ? 

Thank you for your response . 

@Anne367

Your guest will have to rebook - that is the only way.

Clare117
Level 1
Milford, IA

Hello I have a question about my first guest (so I WAS REALLY NEEDING THIS REVIEW)...somehow she accidentally cancelled a reservation although we did get our monies, she said something about an accidental double booking.  She is now trying to leave a review, but cannot...any suggestions...also how do you actually TALK to someone at Airbnb...???

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Clare117

A guest who did not stay may not leave a review.

But she did stay...then when she went to leave a review she accidentally cancelled the reservations.

Richard1101
Level 1
Madison, WI

I have this question too.  My wife accidentally canceled our reservation.  How to we recreate it?  What should we do?