30+ auto-canceled requests

Tim153
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

30+ auto-canceled requests

Hey, I couldn't quite find this particular issue with the search function, and was wondering if anyone else had run into it. Over the past couple weeks, I've gotten over 30 emails from my airbnb calendar stating that a 6 month reservation request later this year had been turned down. My settings are a 30 day max stay, no more than 6 months in advance, so the fact this was blocked without me ever knowing who requested it isn't the issue.

The thing is, they persistantly attempt to shift the dates of the request in about a 30 day window forward and back over the course of weeks. The first few that came in I assumed to be an automated tool just cause it's so bizarre, like someone's trying to exploit something on the site, but these emails keep coming in at least every other day, with a very similar date range of sometime in august to sometime in february or march. 

Should I be concerned? Is this an exploit attempt or a garden variety psycopath?

2 Replies 2
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Tim153

Sounds very strange, never heard of a similar thing happening on any host forum I'm on. Not even sure I quite understand your description properly to reall understand. I think you'll have to contact Airbnb on this to get a solution.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Just took a look at your calendar, @Tim153, to see whether something looked off, but it is all blocked, as you say. Very strange. I would contact Airbnb. If nothing else, it must be annoying to keep getting these notifications. You are right to be concerned. Someone is up to something. 

Love your house rule to "stay classy" btw. 🙂