1 guest booked, 2 arrive

David715
Level 2
Sheffield, United Kingdom

1 guest booked, 2 arrive

I know this topic has been covered a number of times but I have a suggestion for Airbnb to help prevent it.

This has happened to me twice recently and both guests were unaware that they had done so. I must admit, the booking system can be a bit ambiguous. For example, if someone said they were coming to stay with you (e.g. not on Airbnb) and they said they were bringing 1 guest - how many people would you expect to arrive?

The attached screen shots show differences between pages (one is from an android tablet web page, the other from a PC web page - both Chrome browser). You can see that one says under 'Guest' 1 adult, the other states: '1 guest going on this trip'. Other variations exist. Could alternative, and consistent wording be used to make things clearer and also to reflect back at the guest that it's 'just them' or a group.

Airbnb might have other suggestions on the booking process to help guests think twice about the numbers just before clicking the request to book or to instant book.

Of course many people search/browse for suitable places without adding guests at that stage and then maybe forget to book on the second person when they see something that they really like.

I don't ever want to blame guests or penalise them for a mistake in booking as I don't want to detract from their stay in any way whatsoever so I'm not interested in solutions that grab extra payments after the event.

2 Replies 2

You can suggest a change in the Host Voice section of the Community Forums.  

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Good advice @Alice-and-Jeff0!

As they said @David715, there is a board specifically for ideas called Host Voice. It allows you to make suggestions of new features or about improvements to existing features. If your suggestion receives enough thumbs up, it will move to popular and will be considered by the Airbnb product team.

Just to let you know, your screenshots are not displaying correctly - perhaps try a different format if you want to post this idea in Host Voice.

Kirstie