[GUIDE] Use Pro Tools to Set Calendar Custom Pricing & Trip Length - 2023 Summer Release

[GUIDE] Use Pro Tools to Set Calendar Custom Pricing & Trip Length - 2023 Summer Release

Guide –  How to Use Pro Tools to Set Calendar Custom Pricing & Trip Length

2023 Summer Release

Hosts have found that some previous calendar functionality for creating custom pricing and/or trip length is no longer available after the 2023 Summer Release. Currently (as of 07/05/23), the only way to override previous custom settings, or create new ones, is to use “Professional Tools”, “Rule Sets” and the “Multicalendar”. These tools may not be familiar to many Hosts.Airbnb previously restricted Professional Tools to hosts with 6 or more properties. However, ALL hosts can now use these tools; even if you have only one property. Airbnb help articles and screen shots are shown below for reference:

Turn on Professional Tools

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499

To begin using “Pro Tools”:

1. Click Profile Picture
  2. Click Account
  3. Choose Professional Hosting Tools
  4. Click Manage
  5. Turn on Pro Tools 

Pro Tools.png

Multicalendar

Your calendar will now default to the “multicalendar” (strip view). You can toggle back to the standard view calendar any time by clicking the listing name. To return to the multi-calendar, click "Calendar" at the top of the page. The color shading on date(s) indicates a custom Rule Set has been applied to those dates.

Multcalendar Display.png

How to Create & Use Rule Sets

Rule Sets enable you to apply custom settings to specific dates on the calendar. They will override your primary settings you set for the entire calendar. For example, you may wish to restrict check-in or check-out days, or change your minimum stay length for specific dates (such as holidays or weekend stays). You may want to offer special discount pricing for specific dates. If you have “orphan dates” (a single night or nights) between bookings, you can use Rule Sets to set discounted pricing to encourage guests to book those nights. Rule Sets will only effect the dates you choose, they will not alter the rest of your calendar settings.

Rule Sets

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2062

Rule Set Create.png

You’ll see this box to the right in the multicalendar view (strip view)

Rule Set Create a New Rule Set.png

Rule Set Restricted Checkin_Checkout.png

CAUTION - It is advisable to review Rule Sets when first applied to your calendar (and periodically after you set them). Use the guest view calendar to ensure they are being applied correctly (as you intended).

Hope you find this helpful when using Pro Tools, Rule Sets and the Multicalendar! Let us know how it works for you!

21 Replies 21

@Joan2709 I've discover the problem! Even if you switch off the "smar price" in the period you want to apply a "set of rule" it doesn't work! You need to switch off the "smart price" entirely, for your full calendar, then choose the period you want to apply the "set of rule", and the to switch on the "smart price". But what a difficulty! Even the team of Air Bnb to wich I've asked an help didn't find the solution! Thank you any way

Hi @Donatella26 

We don’t use smart pricing, so never would have thought of that! Glad you were able to resolve it though…good job!

Hey, @Joan2709  

thank you for explaining that setting i've only recently found it and am starting to be curious about the following question:

What If I set my availability to 31 days minimum stay and then set the custom trip length to one night.

Would guests be able to book for single nights or not?

I know this seems contradicting but anyhow I'd  love to know if that would work?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Sandra5747 ! I wanted to share a few guides we have regarding these settings from Hosts respectively, incase it answered your questions or if our super-helpful Host members could help us by answering your questions : 

👉[Guide] How to set a minimum stay of one month for your Airbnb? by @John7474 

👉[GUIDE] Calendar Tools - Change or Correct Minimum Night Stay Setting  by @Miguel1423 

👉[GUIDE] Setting Up a Listing's Length of Stays for Long-term Stays  by @Debra300 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hmmm...it you set your minimum stay for your entire calendar, then apply a rule set to a specific date that allows a one night stay it might work. A rule set will override your default settings. Just trying to figure out why you would want to do that though? 

You can test it out by trying to book your place as a guest and see if it works?

Tamsin35
Level 2
Newquay, United Kingdom

My problem is that I only want to apply rules to my peak season. But creating a rule set limiting check in and check out dates then applies to the entire calendar despite my being very specific about the dates I am creating a rule set for. I'm happy to have random one night bookings for the rest of the year, but not in the summer! This change makes me want to leave Air BNB and move to booking.com. Anyone got a work around? 

Hi @Tamsin35 

Just to clarify, using Pro Tools and a Rule Set will OVERRIDES whatever default settings you have on the calendar.

Example:

You have a 2night min stay set in your calendar. You decide you want to allow a 1 night stay in slow season, but leave your default setting as 2 nights the rest of the year.

- Create a Rule Set to override your 2night default setting that allows a 1 night stay only on the dates you apply the Rule Set to.

This allows you to have a 2night min default setting, but override that only on the dates you apply the 1night stay min rule set to.