Seeking literary gems: Share your favourite books! ๐Ÿ“š

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Seeking literary gems: Share your favourite books! ๐Ÿ“š

38021160_Emiliano_Tepoztlan-0655.jpg

Today, we're celebrating the joy of reading and the power of books to transport us to different worlds and inspire our imagination ๐ŸŒŸโœจ

As hosts, you have the opportunity to connect with guests from all over the globe, each with their own unique stories and experiences. So, in the spirit of World Book Day, we'd love to hear from you! ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿฝ

As a child I loved reading books by Roald Dahl and Jacqueline Wilson. Sometimes my parents would hide my books as Iโ€™d spend more time reading than sleeping ๐Ÿ˜ด My all-time favourite book is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. My current read is The Stationary Shop of Tehran by Marjan Kamali ๐Ÿ˜Š

Is there a book that had a meaningful impact on you? A self-help book that inspired personal growth or even a memoir that touched your heart? ๐Ÿ’–

Let's create a virtual library of recommendations. Join the conversation by commenting below and let us know the title and author of the book, as well as a brief description of why you recommend it. Feel free to share any personal anecdotes or experiences related to the book ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿฝ

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

29 Replies 29
Marsha223
Level 2
Livingston, TN

@Sophia Well this is a fun topic, I love books so I can see this being a good mine of inspiration. Her is an author for you to check out. 
TC Lowe and Under the Magnolias and Lulu โ€˜s Cafe are must reads. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Marsha223 thank you so much, that's exactly what I'm hoping for! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’–

-----

Rose-and-Paul0
Level 2
Covington, KY

@Sophia The book I'm about to recommend is a fantasy fiction written by my husband, Paul Stuempel, he had the idea for this book when he was in high school about 50 years ago.  He and his co-author completed the book about 5 years, however, being an unknown it's extremely hard to get off the ground, he's still trying to get his book noticed.  

Those that have read "Augee:  Guardian of Hohala" by Paul Stuempel have given it high reviews. You may want to give it a try it's written for all ages.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Rose-and-Paul0 Wow that's incredible! I can imagine how hard it must be, but nevertheless you must all be so immensely proud! All those years of hard work lovingly crafted into a book to share with others! ๐Ÿ’– 

-----

Pam42
Level 2
Nashville, TN

@Sophia There's honestly too many, thankfully.  For the past few years, I've been mesmerized by Haruki Murakami, especially the Wind Up Bird Chronicles, odd story but fascinating. Also, any mystery by Louise Penney.  Appreciate your asking, but also Jack London's Call of the Wild, and the original Heidi were stories that started me on this road to literary exploration at a young age. The Shackleton Explorations as well...see, I can't stop!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Pam42 He is one of my brothers favourite authors, he went to a book signing. I've always been intrigued ๐Ÿ‘€ Thank you sooo much for your recommendations ๐Ÿ’–

-----

Deoni0
Level 2
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa

I read mostly educational books at the moment - like Heal Endo from Katie Edmons, Hormone Intelligence by Dr Aviva Romm or Hormone Repair Manual by Lara Briden.

Other fictional favs:

A thousand splendid suns.

The Little Prince

My name is Anna

Street God

Poetry:

Love her wild - Atticus

And the book of all time: The Bible 

To Kill a Mockingbird    -- Harper Lee

'you never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and walk around in them.'

The Old Man and the Sea -- Ernest Hemingway

"But man is not made for defeat," he said. "A man can be destroyed but not defeated." I am sorry that I killed the fish though, he thought.'

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Scott1260 I read To Kill a Mockingbird back in high school and watched the play in an open air theatre, it was very emotional watching the book come alive like that ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you very much for your recommendations ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A Thousand Splendid Suns ๐Ÿ’– the first book to make me cry! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ It was my train read and I had a few people tell me how much they loved the book! 

Thank you for your recommendations ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Christine3580
Level 2
St. Catharines, Canada

The Night Circus by Erin Morgentern was the most strangely addictive - couldn't wait to get back to it each time I had to stop - and mentally stimulating read for me.  It is a fantasy and definitely different. If you take it up, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. C ๐Ÿ™‚

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

๐Ÿ‘€ I've never really read fantasy novels but I really need to venture out of my comfort zone ๐Ÿ˜… Thank you for the recommendation ๐Ÿ’–

-----

An15
Level 2
Sri Lanka

@Sophia Thank you, this is interesting. There is a book I like very much, every episode left me eagerly anticipating what happens next and the author expresses skillfully conveying the message with a sense of urgency and sometimes sweetness. It covers a vast area of living beings. It is "Gold Cost" by Nelson De Melle. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for this summary @An15 you have got me intrigued, going to have to do a little search of the book! ๐Ÿ‘€

-----