Sad farewell to AirBnB

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sad farewell to AirBnB

Today is the day we say goodbye to AirBnB as hosts. Over three years ago we began hosting on this site and while there were issues, we were very happy with the guests who came our way. Since the arrival of Plus and the dramatic increase in hosts in our area, we went from 99% of bookings with AirBnB to our current state of 0%. That is despite being superhosts, etc. All of our bookings now come from other platforms and we are very pleased with the quality of guests and the reliability of their platforms, plus their telephone support if there is ever a problem. 

We will be staying as members as we like using AirBnB as travellers - good luck to everyone, thank you for your advice over the years and here are the top four things we have learned.

1. Be welcoming to your guests, remember they may be as nervous as you - they will appreciate a smile and warm welcome
  2. Don't undersell yourself as you will get the wrong type of guest
  3. Hosting in your own home is tiring so remember to take a break occasionally
  4. Try see your property/guest room from a guest's perspective - what would you change or do differently?
60 Replies 60
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

For all those who expressed their 'sad farewells' to Gerry & Rashid,

please note

'After a break from hosting we are back!'

Or in the words of Michael Corleone:

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in"