New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,024 Replies 2,024
Jacobus8
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi My name is Koos Franken. My wife, Lynette and I are from Cape Town South Africa.

We are both retired from our normal careers, but we are not ready to sit back and relax. 

We have a self contained flat/apartment which we used to rent out to our daugther. After she moved out, we decided to revamp it and turned it into a AirBnB. 

We stayed in many a BnB in our live time, but never hosted anyone in our own place. Needless to say it is a daunting feeling at this stage. Our place is now ready and we are waiting for bookings. Unfortunately it is now Winter season in Cape Town, so booking will most probably be a bit slow.

Anyway this is our story in short.

It is great to see that there is a community who has a common interest and people who are willing to help each other.

All the best

Koos

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Greetings from the UK @Jacobus8 ๐Ÿ˜Š
your listing is awesome, it has such a modern feel to it ๐Ÿ˜
I really do hope to visit Cape Town one day ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Have you considered joining your Local Host Club?
You can connect with fellow hosts local to your area and exchange tips on how to get through the quieter months ๐Ÿ  

I also found this article that outlines a few steps on how to make your listing more competitive ๐Ÿ’ก

Lastly, feel free to start a conversation here if you would like to ask the wider community any questions, Iโ€™m sure fellow hosts have plenty of advice to share ๐Ÿ’ฌ

-----

Gabriel5371
Level 2
Suwanee, GA

Welcome everybody! Looking forward to the engagement!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Gabriel5371, welcome to the Airbnb Community ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted ๐ŸŒŸ

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

It's been pretty active two weeks! I did get some guests who took advantage of the promotion. I have just completed 4 stays in two weeks! I am feeling pretty good about navigating the tools and the automation for engagement is really cool!  

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Que legal Gabtiel gostaria muito entender melhor estas ๐Ÿ”ง ๐Ÿงฐ 

Mfonabasi0
Level 2
Port Harcourt, Nigeria

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to join this vibrant space! My name is Mfonabasi and  I'm from Nigeria, I'm here to learn, connect, and even offer volunteer services to hosts. I look forward to sharing experiences and supporting this amazing community.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mfonabasi0 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to our community! We are excited to have you with us.

How long have you been hosting on Airbnb? How has your experience been so far?

Regards ๐ŸŒŸ

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi everyone, 

My name is Willy Chrysostome Ingabire (call me Will) from Kigali, Rwanda. I have been on airbnb for some time but just registered as a host today. I am passionate about house keeping, cycling, hiking, and playing piano. I am excited and very much looking forward to learning from each one of the community members. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Willy-Chrysostome0 welcome to Airbnb and to our community ๐Ÿ˜Š

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a โญ New conversation here โญ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

All the best,

-----

Hi everyone, my name is Reydon and I am from the beautiful island of Barbados! My first listing and I have positive nervous energy about it, just feels exciting to welcome and meet new people from around the world. Looking forward to engaging more with the community and the platform in general.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Reydon0 Greetings from the UK!  ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง

love how you're excited to start your adventure ๐Ÿ˜ wishing you the very best of luck! Do share your experiences with us ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

Feel free to join this discussion where fellow newbie hosts are sharing their feelings about starting their hosting adventure ๐ŸŽ‰

-----

Hey @Sophia, Greetings from Barbados, or as we call it BIM! Very much excited and happy to be able to communicate with persons like yourself! Will be sure to share my experiences as they come my way! Still awaiting my first bookings though but hopefully that comes soon.

Nice to meet you!

Gonzalo444
Level 1
Montclair, NJ

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm an Airbnb host from Newark, NJ, and I've been managing my business for three years with a strong focus on providing excellent guest experiences. I'm passionate about tech, real estate, and marketing, and I enjoy staying active with gym sessions. I speak both Spanish and English fluently and have a love for '90s culture and Bad Bunny's music.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,
Gonzalo Navarrete

Hola @Gonzalo444 

me puede dar consejo algo especรญfico con los precios en Aaarhus?

gracias Malou