New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,024 Replies 2,024

Sure Paula but I'm still learning, have only been on for short terms before. This is my first long-term clients hopefully, joined this community to learn mainly, regards, Louis

Hello everyone and @Bhumika !

I am Heike, I currently in Switzerland and have been renting out our private vacation home "Chalet Wildfang" in the Swiss mountains for about half a year.
I look forward to helpful exchanges in the community.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Heike255, welcome to the CC! 

Great to have you here ๐Ÿ˜€ how is your hosting journey going so far? 

-----

Hello,

My 1st guest checked in last night. I'm excited and nervous about this journey. I want to make sure all goes well with this 1st one so I can relax a little. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sheldon67, welcome to the community! ๐Ÿ˜Š sending you well wishes and good vibes that it all goes smoothly! โœจ

Join this discussion where fellow newbie hosts are sharing their feelings about starting their hosting adventure ๐ŸŽ‰

-----

Rahul223
Level 2
Bengaluru, India

Hi Everyone,
I am Rahul from Nashik, India and am currently working. I have been a frequent traveller in the past and  always preferred airbnb as a guest. Almost an year ago, we started hosting 2 properties in Grape County Eco Resort on airbnb in Nashik city (located in Maharashtra, India) and my airbnb guest experience along with generic airbnb suggestions helped my learning towards hosting. 

Nashik is an ancient and beautiful city that presents a captivating blend of history, spirituality, culture, and natural splendor, making it a must-visit destination. It is surrounded by scenic hills and lush vineyards, offering breathtaking views and is know for it's weather, hindu pilgrimage and also is the 'Wine capital of India'. 
I look forward to being part of this community by learning, helping and making new connections. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rahul223, welcome to the CC! ๐ŸŽ‰
Your listings are gorgeous ๐Ÿ˜ I love the scenic views of the lush green landscape ๐ŸŒณ
Please do share your experiences with the wider community by creating a post here, I bet you have lots of tips that could help new hosts ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Thanks Sophia, I will use the CC for sharing my experiences.

Haika4
Level 2
Arusha, Tanzania

Good day to all, I am Haika from Arusha, Tanzania. I am new to the community and I may have a few questions as we go along as I also new into hosting. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Haika4, welcome to the CC! Great to have you here ๐ŸŽ‰
If you have any questions, feel free to start a conversation here ๐Ÿ’ฌ
Iโ€™m sure fellow hosts will have plenty of advice to share ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Thank you Sofia, 

I am glad to be here and I will surely ask should the question arise. 

Angelique179
Level 1
Hampton, VA

Hi Everyone!!

My name is Angelique Santos. I am a born  and raised NYโ€™er. But me and my family moved to the Hampton Roads area in Virginia in 2018 because of work. We had to move into a bigger house because my mother moved in with us. I couldnโ€™t give up my old home so we decided to list it. Iโ€™m so excited cause it was something i had always wanted to do. Within 2 days weโ€™ve already had quite a few bookings. We have a. Treehouse in the backyard and the house is pretty centrally located to everything guests would i want to do in the area. 

I look forward to getting to know everybody in this community!!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello there @Angelique179 ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ
Your old home is so lovely and cosy ๐Ÿ˜ I love the swings and treehouse ๐ŸŒณ
Airbnb'ing your property is a great way to preserve the sentimental value ๐Ÿ’–
Wish Airbnb was a thing back in the day when we sold my childhood home! ๐Ÿ 

If you'd like to, you can ask for feedback on your listing from fellow hosts. 
Check out this guide on how to: Ask for listing critique on the Community Center ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Nyasha17
Level 2
Hardeeville, SC

Hello, my name is Nyasha  and I am a host this May . My apartment is in Port Wentworth GA. I hope to obtain useful information, create a network of help and tips and contribute to improving the performance of our rentals.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC @Nyasha17 ๐ŸŽ‰
Feel free to join this discussion where fellow newbie hosts are
sharing their feelings about starting their hosting adventure ๐ŸŽ’

Great to have you here, hope to see you around ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----