New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,978 Replies 1,978

Sounds fantastic Robbi! 

Hi all, 

We are couple in Dublin, Ireland, about to host for our third summer. We share a room in our home, and generally we've been really lucky with our guests and experiences, and its been pretty good for us so far. 

Couple of odd balls here and there, and more than I expected of people wanting us to bend our rules. We don't have guest using the kitchen or living space *downstairs is open plan, we heavily advertise this fact, we are flexible if someone needs to use the microwave or store items in the fridge, we have a little table and stools in room along with some snacks we leave their, complimentary with a coffee machine. We even allow laundry use if needed.

Its a small enough house, and nearly 97% of people are perfectly happy with the arrangement, with our cats (also heavily advertised!), but it always bugs me so much when we get requests asking can they cook meals. we have been flexible on occasion, with people wanting to bring toddlers with them (our house is 100% not child friendly and we state that). We have very few rules beside the norms. And in my opinion, anyone of the guests we have "accomodated" on a special requests, NEVER give a 5 star review, ever.  House is too far away from city (we state how far and what we are near, even though we are pretty close), no nightlife (we advertise we live in a quiet suburb of dublin, with losts of amenties close by), the room is too small for all their luggage (not sure how thats out fault lol).

Anyways, mostly its been great, we love meeting new people, and mostly people think our house and hosting is great, so its worth all the cleaning and bed changing 🙂

Michelle3989
Level 1
Princes Town, Trinidad and Tobago

I am from Trinidad and we are preparing for the greatest show on earth Trinidad Carnival 2024

Hello.  Living in Seattle, and have an airbnb in southern CA.  Thanks for adding me.

@Tamara-Dawn0   Gorgeous place Tamara!

Thank you so much.  Its been a long year getting the place ready and this being our first rental property, it's a little anxiety inducing so I really appreciate your kindness.

I feel you, sis. It’s been one hell of a journey, and here in Africa, there aren’t many resources available to support new homeowners, so the costs of renovations and furnishing become so demoralising to the point of giving up. 

Cheers to our journey and how far we've come! 🥂

You'll do great. There's always a few things to get straight (I have forgotten things twice now!). Set yourself little reminder or post ots next to new arrivals.

Hi everyone, I'm John. Born in Scotland, grew up in Australia and now living in England. I'm into cooking, football and guitars! Been a host for a couple of years and it has been great for me. However, 2024 is looking unusually quiet and wondered of anyone had any insights? Got Superhost status, great reviews, really competitive dynamic pricing and only got a handful of bookings this year which is in contrast to previous. Any insights or help appreciated!

Cynthia1303
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi, my name is Cynthia thank you for the add! I’m a NYC teacher and love to travel! I try to get away every school break and explore a new place at the end of every school year…this year it’s Belize!  

Maria-Claudia13
Level 2
Mar del Plata, Argentina

Hola, Soy Maria Claudia de Mar del Plata, Argentina nací acá. Mi padre tuvo siempre hoteles ,  me crie entre huéspedes, así que llevo el servicio de atender a  pasajero en mi sangre.  Soy decoradora de interiores y paisajista . Y este verano estoy como administradora de un departamento de un amigo , así que feliz de empezar este mundo y regresar a lo que amo que es atender a personas en sus vacaciones y ofrecerles el mejor servicio. Saludos. 

Hello, my name is Maria Stela and I am a host this January. My home is in São Paulo, capital, Brazil. I hope to obtain useful information, create a network of help and tips and contribute to improving the performance of our rentals.

Gary1318
Level 2
Florida City, FL

Hi My name is Gary and I’m new to hosting. I live in Tampa Florida 🇺🇸 and my aim is to learn as much as possible from other experts so that I can become a better host in the future. I love competitive sports , nature , working out and traveling. 

Sean1562
Level 1
San Diego, CA

@Sean1562 , Hello I am from San Diego Ca. now living in Luquillo Puerto Rico for the past five years. I enjoy sailing surfing and spear fishing.   On Sundays I love to watch Football with friends.  

Hello, Ralph and Arianna here. It is a pleasure to meet you and be here. We are in Phoenix AZ and happy to connect and make new friends. Thanks!