New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,911 Replies 1,911
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Thomas3794 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐ŸŽ‰

How has your last year been, and what are you working towards for this year? 

Looking forward to seeing your experience shared with the other Hosts here! 

-----

Ibrahim260
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

Hello Bhumika

Regards to everybody here and i really love dancing and hope that when you come to Uganda i will take you to the best disco clubs or where you can have fun and teach us also your dancing stlyes in your music rhythms

I ove to hear from you

Welcome to Uganda and we have super dance

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello there @Ibrahim260 Welcome to the Community!  Glad to have you here! ๐Ÿ˜Š  I love your enthusiasm for dancing ๐Ÿ•บ How is your hosting journey going so far?

-----

Holland6
Level 5
Burin, Canada

IMG_1353.jpeg

Stay safe,
Lean into the wind gently

Hello, my name is Carlos. My wife, Lila Sosa, and I started a house cleaning company in 2020, just 30 days before everything was locked off for COVID-19. Establishing a company was a long journey with everything happening back then.

Our primary goal is to generate jobs for all those ladies out there who need not only a wage but information and help to plan for their future; we provide retirement plans and support for their families.

It all started at a bus stop when my wife met an old cleaning lady, around her 80s, and she started a conversation; this lady, Carmencita, told my wife that she was still working because she never planned for the future and was by herself, and cleaning houses provide for her food and rent, my wife hard got broken because she doesn't have anything else that her job. We decided to create a better working environment for heroes who want to provide for their houses. 

Now, after four years, we are still growing. We currently provide jobs for 19 ladies, and we have a lot of experience in BnB cleaning and turnovers. **

We won't advertise ourselves. We want to share our expertise in the best practices for Hosting a BnB. So feel free to ask questions so we can apport some value to this community.

Kind regards, 

Carlos and Lila Sosa

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] 

Kim4457
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi Everyone, I only just found the Community Centre, I've been with Airbnb for a few years. We have a small cottage, 'Cortijo La Encina', in Andalucรญa (la Encina meaning the old holm oak native to Europe). We have a 400-year-old La Encina old holm oak outside our front door perched on the edge of a mountain near Alcala la Real :). I can't wait to read about other hosts' experiences and get fabulous tips and advice.  Hoping to share some ups and downs and hear other people's experiences.

We are getting La Encina ready for the season.. hope we all have a great Airbnb 2024.

Kim and Ed

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kim4457,  welcome to our community ๐Ÿ‘‹

It would be amazing if you could share some pictures of Cortijo La Encina ๐Ÿ˜

Since you've recently joined our community, Iโ€™d like to ask if youโ€™d be okay with me tagging you in some discussions to get your opinion โœŒ๏ธ

Our community is the perfect place to exchange experiences and advice, and we highly value the knowledge of our Hosts.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Marta1727
Level 1
Valladolid, Spain

Hi! Im Marta from Valladolid, Spain.

I just started renting out two rooms after a 2 year break. Before i did it for 7 years. Now i feel a bit rustied!

My new job is as Macrobiotic counsellor and airbnb is a good help!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Marta1727, welcome back ๐Ÿ˜Š I wish you all the best in this new start.

In our community, there's a fantastic board titled ๐Ÿ‘‰Ask About Your Listing, where both new and experienced Hosts come together to share tips on enhancing their listings through ๐Ÿ‘‰Critique My Listing threads. Would you be interested in joining this initiative?

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Joy1609
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Hi all,

Iโ€™m a new host here in Airbnb but been an Airbnb renter for several years. 
Is there any tips and tricks any of you can share to help me be a better host, please share with me.

I was raised and born in the Philippines but my humble is located in Minneapolis Minnesota sitting by the lake. 

Regards 

Host Joy

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Joy1609, welcome to our community,

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our Hosts, I suggest starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰new conversation here.

-----

Dimas35
Level 1
Houston, TX

Hey guys! My name is Dimas and Iโ€™m a new host in Houston, Texas. Iโ€™m excited to learn how to become a better host

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Dimas35, I hope everything is well ๐Ÿ˜Š

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our Hosts, I suggest starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰new conversation here.

All the best,

-----

Laura7330
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi there! My name is Laura and I host a property in beautiful Gloucestershire in the UK. As well as hosting I'm a Librarian and a reflexologist. I love yoga and looking after my three children. Looking forward to connecting with the Airbnb community!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Laura7330 welcome to the CC ๐Ÿ˜Š Glad to have you here!
sounds like you have multiple talents ๐Ÿ˜Ž
How is your hosting journey going so far?

-----