Israeli properties

Paul11048
Level 1
Falmouth, United Kingdom

Israeli properties

Hi , I have noticed that the last couple of occasions I have opened the Airbnb website the front page is full of properties from Israel!!! Now I understand that there will be opposing views about zionism, and as an international business and website Airbnb have to tread a careful path ! However having your front page predominantly populated with Israeli properties seems like as a company you are taking a partisan position. From my personal perspective I find this offensive given the current situation in Gaza and I'm sure there will also be a considerable number of other users who will feel the same. I would like to here your opinions on the matter . Yours Paul 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paul11048 Firstly the properties shown by Airbnb cannot be suggested to imply their politics and it is borderline racist to suggest they do. I suspect the properties shown are far more likely to be determined by AI based on your recent searches carried out by your computer. Mine do not show Israeli properties although I am happy if they do just as I am happy for properties anywhere else in the world to be shown.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Paul11048  Obviously, it has more to do with your search history/AI/algorithm than any political stance by AirBnB. 

I'm sure that AirBnB users all over the world could find a political or humanitarian issue with almost any country showing homes available on AirBnB. 

Your issue isn't really an issue.