๐Ÿƒโ€ŒGet involved in the Community Centerโ€™s Festival of Sustainability 2024๐Ÿƒโ€Œ

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

๐Ÿƒโ€ŒGet involved in the Community Centerโ€™s Festival of Sustainability 2024๐Ÿƒโ€Œ

festival of sustainability 2024.png

Weโ€™re thrilled to share some exciting news with you! Back in January, we asked for your input on the topics youโ€™d like to see more of this year, and we were absolutely delighted to see that โ€˜sustainabilityโ€™ was top of the list!

Sustainability is such a crucial concept when it comes to protecting our environment and ensuring that we coexist harmoniously with all living creatures on our beautiful blue planet, minimising our impact and living in a way that respects and preserves the world around us.

Weโ€™ve been inspired by the amazing efforts of some of our Hosts who have already made significant changes to their Hosting practices in the name of sustainability, and weโ€™re equally excited to support and encourage those who are just starting out on this journey.

Thatโ€™s why weโ€™re thrilled to announce our upcoming third annual Festival of Sustainability, from April 22nd to April 26th! This is our chance to once again come together as a community and celebrate the progress weโ€™ve made and the changes weโ€™re making for the future. The festival is entirely online, full of great topics and fun conversation. You can revisit last year's festival by having a look here: Festival of Sustainability 2023.

Weโ€™re on a mission to spread the word about sustainable practices and empower individuals to make a positive impact in their daily lives and weโ€™d love for you to be a part of this exciting journey. Will you join us?

Here are two ways you can take part:

1. Community Photo Collage: ๐Ÿ“ธ

Share a photo of yourself somewhere โ€œgreenโ€. It could be in your garden, a local beach cleanup, in the jungle or at the park. We will stitch all the images together to make our very own community collage that we will share as a featured post at the end of the festival. Weโ€™re a diverse community from all corners of the world and weโ€™re surrounded by amazing outdoor spaces and scenery; from mountains to coastlines, from deserts and rainforests; even the spaces around our hometowns offer an opportunity to grab a picture! 

How this works: 

• Take a selfie of yourself somewhere โ€œgreenโ€
  • Landscape or portrait
  • Clear, quality photos using your smartphone (or other device if you prefer)
  • Ideal image formats: JPEG or PNG 
  • Send your submissions to airbnb-cc@airbnb.com to be included in the grand reveal at the end of the festival or post it below.

1. Create a detailed topic all about sustainability: ๐Ÿ–‹๏ธ

Whether your impact is big or small, we want to hear about it! Some topics to consider are renewable energy sources, recycling, planet friendly products. Weโ€™ve got some other topics up our sleeves too, so feel free to reach out if youโ€™d like some ideas/inspiration!

We are asking for a maximum of 750 words (if you can!)

If youโ€™d like to create a topic to be included in the week, please comment below or contact me via direct message and we can brainstorm together!

Weโ€™re really looking forward to this year's stories and photo submissions. Together, we can explore practical solutions and inspire others to join us in creating a more sustainable future.

**Deadline for article submissions is Apr 14, 2024

**Deadline for photo submissions is Apr 28, 2024

*Disclaimer 

By submitting your image to the email address above, you authorise Airbnb to use your media, your first name, profile photo, and city and country of residence in marketing materials to promote Airbnb.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

25 Replies 25
Lisa925
Level 2
Apollo Bay, Australia

Hi @Bettye6 , I love my Brita water dispenser likewise. 

I found my guests seem to enjoy the bottled water we leave, & we use glass so as it can be easily recycled. 

I have always wondered about leaving open products, as sometimes my guests comment negatively. Do you leave your incoming guests a little note when you leave the opened products? However when we leave behind ice creams to pay it forward & reduce waste they are especially happy ๐Ÿ™‚ in the summer time!

Thanks for sharing, this is really inspirational. 

Warmest Lisa

Hi Rebecca

I've been hosting for a number of years already, but never posted anything in this forum. 

I love the Festival of Sustainability idea, and would love to submit an article.

Here is a picture I took a few days ago on a mountain near me.  I'm an experienced hiking guide and took a guest with me on this trip.

Avril.Halfway up Helderber Mountain - West Peak.Halfway up Helderber Mountain - West Peak.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Avril73, this is a beautiful photo! Do you organise a lot of hiking trips? I've sent you a message just now with more information!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Pilar631
Level 4
Oregon House, CA

I would like to add a topic, I wrote an article on  โ€œSustainable decoration: Beauty and the Best (-ness) 

I share our experience with 3 listings in Lima Peru with the intention of inspiring others on how we compete for increasing occupancy by differentiating our product instead of reducing nightly price and still in a sustainable way. 
Please let me know how to submit or add the subject to the festival.  Due day is tomorrow! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Thank you so much @Pilar631 ๐ŸŒฟ

We can't wait to see what you have to share with us! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I sent the article in Spanish following the instructions given by Paula and I requested confirmation that she received it.  Could you please check if she got it?

thank you,

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Pilar631, I apologize for the late message ๐Ÿ™. I wanted to confirm that we have received your article, and we will be posting it in our Spanish Community during the Festival of Sustainability.

I will make sure to update you via DM with the exact day of posting as soon as we finalize the schedule ๐Ÿ’š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you Paula 

Felicity11
Host Advisory Board Member
Manly, Australia

ooh I can't wait to see the conversations we will have this year.  

Thank you CC team for your support on this important topic!

Felicity

Leila415
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

IMG_0932.jpeg

โ€ƒLeia Monassa

anfitriรฃ do Rio de Janeiro. Foto da Baia da Guanabara e Pรฃo de Aรงรบcar, Cidade Maravilhosa

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Olรก @Leila415, que foto linda, a natureza estรก incrรญvel ๐Ÿƒ! Muito obrigado por compartilhar. Essa regiรฃo tem muitas atividades ao ar livre? Tipo caminhadas e ciclismo de montanha?

Um abraรงo.

----

Hi @Leila415, what a beautiful photo, nature looks amazing ๐Ÿƒ! Thanks so much for sharing. Are there many outdoor activities in this area? Like hiking and mountain biking?

Regards.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad