City of the month April 2024: Toronto โ€Œ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

City of the month April 2024: Toronto โ€Œ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Paula_0-1714064275746.png

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹

Welcome to the third instalment of our "City of the Month" series!

This month, we're shining the spotlight on Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ, a city that truly has it all. As Canada's most populous and culturally diverse city, Toronto is a melting pot of experiences. Whether you're into museums, parks, or exploring new cuisines, Toronto has something for everyone. The bustling downtown scene is complemented by serene lakeside escapes, ensuring you never run out of things to do.

As an Airbnb Host or guest, Toronto offers a rich variety of listings. From chic urban lofts to quaint lakeside cottages. It's a great city to explore, whether you're looking for a weekend getaway or an extended stay.

Are you hosting in Toronto? Have you visited recently? We'd love to hear about your experiences and any hidden gems you've discovered. Share your stories and recommendations with us below! ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿฝ

You can even guess which cities you think are in our top 20 places where the greatest number of members of this community have registered in 2023! 

Here are the cities that have already been published: 

Thanks for reading. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

9 Replies 9
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

The places I usually recommend include Dundas Square,  Harbourfront Centre. 

My favorite beach is Budapest Beach.

Favorite amusement park is Wonderland (technically not IN Toronto, but is nearby in Vaughn).

Taking a stroll in Dundas Square and/or Harbourfront Centre can be quite nice and relaxing!

Edit: Took a picture of downtown TO from Center Island during last weekend.

Zheng49_2-1714069142748.jpeg

Alelee0
Level 1
Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Toronto has some of the best food in the world. I mean, every little hole in the wall type of place, even if it looks old and run down, has amazing food. Every time I travel internationally, I think back to just how spoiled we are in Toronto. Amazing fire oven pizzas all over downtown, amazing Japanese food, steaks, Mediterranean, Greek, Italian, Ethiopian... it is a party for your mouth. Toronto also has a great comedy scene with stand up nights downtown (it has the famous Yak Yak's Club and The Second City, where a ton of Hollywood legends got their start), High Park is quite beautiful for visiting or taking a stroll by the lake on Park Lawn and Lakeshore (and again, a ton of restaurants to sit down at) or on the Beaches on the east end. If you are visiting with kids during the summer, make sure to visit Toronto Islands and ROM.

Brenna86
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Toronto has it all! One of my favourite streets is Ossington. So many great restaurants and bars including Odd Seoul. Stroll through Kensington Market and Chinatown, head to Ashbridges Bay for a beach day. So many options for a great trip with friendly people and so much to do!

Lucas1062
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Walk through high park. 

Jazz Bistro Victoria Street 

Thomas Fisher Rare book library 

ROM 

Crawford lake Anthropocene Golden spike  Campbellville and Rattlesnake point hiking  and world biosphere. 

Burlington Beach 

Reservoir lounge 

Dale1007
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

On top of the ones already listed:

1. Ripley's aquarium
  2. CN Tower
  3. Casa Loma
  4. Toronto Island
Kim4147
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

I'd say:

1.  St Lawrence Market

2.  The Beaches

3. Scarborough Bluffs

4.  Science Centre

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

As our Korean friends live in Toronto, we are in the lucky situation to enjoy the delicious Korean food there - so yummie!

Toronto 28.08.2015 18-41-10.JPG

Dawn-And-Wayne0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

A lot depends on the type of trip you are on.

Site seeing:  CN TOWER,  the art galary of Ontario, the royal museum, the Ripleyโ€™s aquarium and more.

Restaurants: Toronto likely has the most cultural variety of restaurants in the world, just google Caribbean, Italian, Greek, Asian etc.  One of my new favourites is Miss Likklemore.

Baseball season has started, so why not catch a game at the Rogerโ€™s centre which is right beside the CN Tower.

Parks:  have a picnic or go for a stroll by coronation park which is a large park at the marina of Lake Ontario, you can also walk along lake shore to harbour front where there are a lot of activities for friends and family, or walk the other way to high park, which has bike trails, parks, playgrounds etc. Also, take a fairy from harbour front to centre island where there is a beach, rides, games, more parks and plenty of other festivities!

Spend a spa day at Hotel X, while enjoying the view of the lake.

Night Life: Go for a walk after 10 am along King Street West where there are many lounges and clubs to enjoy.  However there are many others spread out around the downtown area.

Hope these help.