trouble adding co-host because it is stating that person is a hosting team member

Terry909
Level 1
Gilbert, AZ

trouble adding co-host because it is stating that person is a hosting team member

I am having this same type of issue. I went through several support messages and they determined there is not a bug in their system. The person I am trying to add is a cleaner and helps people manage their listings, they have no idea what a hosting team member is. We tried to use another email for the person, but then it asks them to use the email that gets the error message. Airbnb needs to add levels of access to their calender, for example, perhaps the term "co host" is to broad, because cleaners need access to the calander as well and in many cases the cleaners work with several airbnb listings. This is something that could be fixed at a programming level, perhaps just adding in a level for "cleaner" or a person to have access to the calender without falling under co-host or hosting team member. 

There are dozens of messages on this so somehow the programming is causing access errors. Our next step is going to be to approach airbnb tech support from the persons account that needs access to see if it is labeled incorrectly... not sure why this particular account is popping up as a "hosting team member" account but obviously that is creating a massive amount of problems within the system. 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes your cleaner should contact Airbnb @Terry909 

already did that. I have went back and forth with them in a text string also. The cleaner has no idea why her account is labeled as a hosting team member and not sure why co hosts or hosting team members would create a bug issue in the first place. Perhaps it was the way her account was set up to begin with, but again not sure why there would be a conflict between the two. I think there is probably some sort of programming conflict happening with permissions between the two accounts, but sometimes users are not even aware of the different classifications. 

I recommended to programmers that they just create a simple calendar view for cleaners and or contractors. There was no reply.

We have another airbnb in arizona and our cleaner has full calendar access and is associated with other accounts, so not sure what the difference is. Again it could be a hidden bug. If you look online you will find dozens of posts on this issue, so it is not an isolated problem. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Terry909, thanks for sharing this with our community.

I would like to share the official feedback form where you can submit this suggestion directly to Airbnb.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad